Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum (Pimple Treatment)  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I got so tired of the occasional ugly pimples that I get about once a month that I decided to look for an actual pimple treatment at the store
  • I found a few items, and I ended up decided on Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum for two reasons
  • I cannot recommend Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum at all, and it is, in my opinion, a complete waste of time and money

• by Jessie Bahrey

I got so tired of the occasional ugly pimples that I get about once a month that I decided to look for an actual pimple treatment at the store. I usually just suffered, washed my face more often, and covered up the spots with makeup when this occurred, as I have dry skin too, so I didn’t want to use a harsh pimple treatment on my sensitive skin. I finally got fed up, even though it was only about a week a month, so I looked in the medicated skin products section at my local drugstore. I found a few items, and I ended up decided on Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum for two reasons: First, I used Clearasil products way back in my teen years, and secondly,

because this spot treatment was meant to be used at night. It was more expensive than Clearasil products used to be, back in the day, and I though $12 was a bit high, but I decided to try it anyway. Because it was a spot treatment and not an all-over acne product, I hoped that my dry and sensitive skin wouldn’t be affected.

I tried this serum that night, carefully applying it to the three or so pimples I had. They were all in the same area of my face, so I tried to apply it to only the pimples, as I was still worried about it making my skin dry. The serum is not oily, and it absorbed right away and didn’t feel heavy or irritate ...

• my skin at all. The next morning, the only difference was that the area where I had applied it was very dry, and the pimples themselves were not reduced at all, and although they were dryer, they appeared more red and therefore, even more noticeable. I was appalled, but I kept using it the serum for the next few nights. In the end, after several days, I threw this item out. First of all, while it did dry out the pimples, it did not shrink them or reduce the redness; in fact, it seemed to make them even redder and inflamed for the first few days. As well, the dry patches on my skin, anywhere that the serum had touched, were awful and looked red and irritated
        as well. This serum did not make my pimples less noticeable at all and only dried everything up, and did nothing to shrink the pimples at all. They didn’t disappear any quicker than when I didn’t use anything.

I cannot recommend Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum at all, and it is, in my opinion, a complete waste of time and money. I do have a tip that I recently discovered and it works very well, and is far less expensive to use; try dabbing a tiny bit of regular toothpaste on the pimples. Yes, it does dry them out, and it will dry out the skin around it, so be very careful not to spread it around. However, it doesn’t irritate the skin, and it does shrink them quickly while reducing the redness.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110051088170931/k2311a0510/5.10.10