Adobe Photoshop CS4  » Software  »
  • When I started learning web design I assumed that all the skills you needed were HTML and CSS
  • But even at the full price, especially for designers, it is well worth the money

• by GoodEgg462

When I started learning web design I assumed that all the skills you needed were HTML and CSS. Boy was I ever wrong. In the process of creating my portfolio, our instructor told us to browse other portfolios online for inspiration. I started to notice, in browsing these portfolios that the designs went beyond basic HTML and CSS.

When I began learning photoshop for my class I

was nervous because as I am creative I can not actually draw. I found that creativity is all you need. Photoshop CS4 allows you to manipulate and create awesome images in a user friendly environment. Photoshop gives you lots of options to create and enhance your images. It takes a little bit to learn where everything is in the interface, as I said they provide a lot ...

• of options. In the case that you don’t know how to do something there is a wealth of information on the internet. Simply Google (or whatever have you) “Photoshop Tutorials” or something more specific and you’ll find what you need rather quickly. Trust me, I’ve had to do this several times.

None the less it is a great integration tool with adobe dreamweaver. Photoshop CS4 will actually let

you create a PSD web layout, slice it into images and save it as HTML. There are also extra options during the save process so you can convert to either css or table format.

The Photoshop software in general is typically very pricey. Personally I got mine much cheaper through a school discount. But even at the full price, especially for designers, it is well worth the money.

Excellent piece of software

Adobe Photoshop CS4

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3010051088110931/k2311a0510/5.10.10