Nightmare on Elm Street  » Movies  »
  • If you don't like movies that make you jump, I would not recommend this movie because I probably jumped like 20 times throughout the course of the movie
  • At first I thought they were going to change the story around and make Freddy be an innocent man who was wrongly burned to death because this is how they make it out to be at first
  • The story line was definitely creepy, but it flowed smoothly and was easy to follow
  • When I'm sittign down watching a movie, I like it to be believeable
  • Overall, I believe that this movie was a pretty good movie and I would watch it again, maybe this time without jumping

• by forevergrateful12

I just went to see this movie in theaters last Saturday. First, let me tell you what I was expecting. When you watch the first movie that came out in the 80s, you now see a corny movie that is not at all scary. I was expecting this remake to be much scarier and more realistic. I was also expecting Freddy to not make as many corny jokes and maybe to understand him a little better. I also expected it to have a much clearer image and for it to be more suspenseful.

Most of what I expected, I got. The movie, in my opinion, was not scary. However, it did make me jump a lot. If you don’t like movies that make you jump, I would

not recommend this movie because I probably jumped like 20 times throughout the course of the movie. I was glad that I am able to understand Freddy better. At first I thought they were going to change the story around and make Freddy be an innocent man who was wrongly burned to death because this is how they make it out to be at first. But as the movie goes on, you see how bad Freddy really was. I was glad that they stayed true to teh original story but made it much easier to understand and comprehend.

The actor who played Freddy Cruger was absolutely phenominal. They could not have picked a better actor. This is the same actor from Watchmen, so I knew he was ...

• going to be great in this movie as well. I do believe, however, thay they made Freddy to be overly dramatic with his “perverted” jokes. He would say things like “How’s this for a wet dream” and other perverted things. It is a rated-R movie so I guess they are allowed to do that, but I just think it was a bit much. The actor they chose really makes up for it though.

The story line was definitely creepy, but it flowed smoothly and was easy to follow. Everything seemed to be very realistic, like the blood, the fear the actors/actresses portrayed through their characters, Freddy’s act, and everything else in the movie. When I’m sittign down watching a movie, I like it to be believeable. If

it’s not believeable then really there is no point in watching it. There also needs to be elements where after the movie, you know that it is not real. For this movie, when I was done watching it, I went back home and slept perfectly fine. I didn’t think Freddy was going to come kill me in my dreams.

I do not recommend this movie for young children, they will not be able to sleep at night. This is an adult movie and it should only be viewed by adults. Children don’t always know how to separate real from fake, so they might believe that it is really.

Overall, I believe that this movie was a pretty good movie and I would watch it again, maybe this time without jumping.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110051087930931/k2311a0510/5.10.10