Wooden Dog Sculptures by Norton Latourelle (art)
1.5
  • For that cost, I could purchase a living dog that would provide me with love and devotion

• by cjaneb877
      While fiddling around online, I discovered a websight called Americanfolkart. com. Intrigued, I had to see what they sold. I about fell off of my seat when I saw an artist by the name of Norton Latourelle selling wooden dog statues for over two hundred dollars! They’re not even the slightest bit cute and have long stretched

out faces with stupid looking faces! While some people may think this is art, I would call it more like a way good old Norton tries to fill time. I could see people purchasing these dog statues maybe if they were like ten dollars onsale at your local Marshalls, but to buy one for hundreds of dollars ...

• when they are only about twenty four or twelve inches tall? I think that its a bit extreme! To pay a few hundred dollars for a painting or framed piece or art, even a statue with depth and meaning, I can see. For a dog statue made of wood that is small and stupid looking, though?
        I am having trouble rationalizing the whole concept in my mind! While this art may be appealing to some folkes, I can tell you that my hard earned dollar would not be purchasing any of these little four legged creatures. For that cost, I could purchase a living dog that would provide me with love and devotion!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 18312108780931/k2311a123/12.3.06