Life Brand Electric Toothbrush  » Health  »
2.0
  • Life Brand is a store brand and therefore doesn't get the advertising exposure of other electric toothbrushes but my Pharmacist told me it worked really well for her and as her teeth were nice and white I decided to buy it
  • I was sure this Electric Toothbrush was going to be the best ever
  • The vibrations from this toothbrush were so strong I thought they were going to take my teeth out never mind clean them
  • After a couple more tentative attempts to use it, I did find a way to use it to clean my teeth, but the experience was unpleasant each time, even though it did quickly remove built up plaque and tartar on my teeth

• by Melissa Glenn

I needed a new electric toothbrush but couldn’t find a brand name one under $20 at my local drug store until my Pharmacist suggested I buy the Life Brand Electric Toothbrush for just $6.99CDN. Life Brand is a store brand and therefore doesn’t get the advertising exposure of other electric toothbrushes but my Pharmacist told me it worked really well for her and as her teeth were nice and white I decided to buy it.

I really like the design of this Life Brand Electric Toothbrush, the handle is wide, much wider than other electric toothbrushes I have used and down each side

are blue plastic pads that are ‘grip pads’ so the toothbrush doesn’t slide out of my hand when it gets wet. The on/off button is a large blue pad in the center of the toothbrush and easy to find unlike other ones I have used. Even better, the head of this toothbrush has two sets of bristles; the rotating head to get around my back teeth and gums, and the fixed tooth brush head almost in the shape of a half moon. I was sure this Electric Toothbrush was going to be the best ever.

This is a horrible toothbrush to use! The ...

• first time I used it, it felt like my head was going to come off! The vibrations from this toothbrush were so strong I thought they were going to take my teeth out never mind clean them. After a couple more tentative attempts to use it, I did find a way to use it to clean my teeth, but the experience was unpleasant each time, even though it did quickly remove built up plaque and tartar on my teeth.

After a week of using this Life Brand Electric it simply died! I checked the batteries (it had come with two AA batteries) and

changed them. Two days later it died again. I tried changing the batteries a third time but the tooth brush wouldn’t even switch on. In the end I was relieved not to have to use this ‘drill like’ toothbrush in my mouth again and took it back to the drug store for a refund.

I don’t know what Life Brand were thinking. The design of this electric toothbrush is great, but it hurts to use it and then it dies! I ended up buying a different electric toothbrush for $20 that is far more gentle on my teeth. Give this one a miss.

Sandra says :

I am on my third Life brand$ 22 electric tooth brush. Loved the first but brought it back because after day one, it died. I was given a replacement brush and quite Happy with that. Have had it for three months and this one too has died Seems the on / off switch of these brushes may be defective? Well today went out and got another identical, I liked the others and am hoping this one is a winner,if not,,,guess I call it quits with this model. I have spent over $ 65 On Life brand toothbrushes in less than six months ,,seriously Life brand can you step it up a notch??? Love all your products but this ones in need of help sorry to inform you. Maybe you can send me a case of them and I may not Knowtice them letting me down?..

Joanna says :

Hi Sandra,

I am a big fan of electric toothbrushes. I too have had trouble with the Life Brand toothbrush. I have replaced three due to the same problem. I have since switched and purchased myself a sonicare. However, Oral-B makes a great spin brush that I use when I travel. I put rechargeable batteries in mine and I have had it for well over two years. I have yet to have to charge the batteries. If you are looking for a great toothbrush that is inexpensive I would definitely recommend the Oral-B.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

quick note by anonymous :

True , stay away, new batteries, still not working

Derek says :

I have just purchased the Life brand toothbrush and decided to check everything out before using it. The brush head seems fine but from experience with other brands I need to check the batteries first. Well it is impossible to open the battery compartment No instructions about any special method - just looks like the battery cover should pull off but surely you don’t need pliers or a vice ? This one might be defective but reading the other comments here I’ll just return it and get a different brand.

Galega says :

Use the marker on the battery cover and gently give an upward push there. The cover will come out and from there you can remove the battery. You may not need any pliers for this work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348051087261131/k2311a058/5.8.10