Saint Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Exfoliating Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found it to be unnecessary because most of them do very little to remove these stubborn blackheads on my nose
  • Being the crafty person that I always am, I thought about using the scrub instead for my body
  • After getting the taste of heaven with a Clarins buffing wash, this definitely feels comparably substandard
  • A big factor to consider is the hot summer weather
  • By principle, I cannot recommend this as a body scrub since it’s not intended to work for such purpose

• by jhunie

Saint Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Exfoliating Scrub It’s been a long time since I put down this apricot scrub, only for the product to be detained inside the bathroom shelf for months. The reason I discontinued this exfoliating facial wash was that the bead-y particles felt too abrasive for my intolerable skin. It actually did a lot of polishing on my forehead but I’m always concerned with it causing my face to appear red after washing. Nevertheless, I stopped exfoliating my face through abrasive methods; I found it to be unnecessary because most of them do very little to remove these stubborn blackheads on my nose. I’m happy with using a kojic-based cleanser and a foaming Elizabeth Arden facial wash which I use irregularly at the moment.

Being the crafty person that I always am, I thought about using the scrub instead for my body. The idea came

to mind after reading a featured beauty article pertaining to alternative organic ways of caring for the skin. It proposed the use of oatmeals as well as other fruity home-made recipes for the body. Recently, my troubled skin has been clearing up, yet again there were some white heads coming about probably as a consequence of all the stressful sleep-deprived days I had to endure. I’m talking of my back and the occasional acne flare-ups that reside there. So instead of throwing this away, I use this St. Ives apricot exfoliating wash to scrub my back.

After getting the taste of heaven with a Clarins buffing wash, this definitely feels comparably substandard. It’s nothing rich or nourishing perhaps, it’s really just a straight up scrub. The beads are decent in size, at least for my body. It’s abrasive of course but applied with moderate pressure over skin,

• I learnt to control the unlikeable friction as the grains cause the rubbing sensation. The good take away is how it leaves a smooth buffed out skin. I’m almost convinced it lodged off all those impurities in my back, but a close inspection on the mirror tells otherwise.

The positive outcome isn’t superficial at all over a certain period of scrubbing the supposedly face exfoliating cleanser. Aside from improving the texture of my skin, I thought my back didn’t sweat as much as before. It’s bizarre but a genuine observation. A big factor to consider is the hot summer weather. I sweat inevitably though my back right now tends to remain dry. It’s that fresh matted feeling after you get out of a shower. It’s normal for my body to end up feeling humid, I avoid getting drenched in oily skin as possible to prevent break outs.

At present, scrubbing my back every 3 or 4 times a week keeps the back-zits at bay, coupled with plenty of rest.

Exfoliating really do wonders for troubled oily skin types like me, even for my back. It’s oil-free plus laden with natural exfoliants as quoted on the packaging. I’m still bummed why it failed for my face, yet I’m just happy to have found a cheap solution to backne for the price of 5 dollars. So far, I have no blemishes on my back except for some darkened spots which are healing acne scars. By principle, I cannot recommend this as a body scrub since it’s not intended to work for such purpose. I can only share this tip as an alternative use for the product. At that end, I give it a score of 9/10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318051087231131/k2311a058/5.8.10