Walt Disney World’s Epcot Center  » Travel  »
Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
  • I think Disney has mastered the art of creating magical theme parks, and I don't think anyone else in that industry can even come close to providing the quality of entertainment that Disney offers
  • No matter where you live in the world, I very highly recommend visiting Epcot Center at least once in your lifetime, because I think it's an exceptional attraction that offers diverse entertainment with universal appeal
  • I've never had the opportunity to spend more than one day there at a time, but I know I could spend at least two entire days there in a row and still not see enough
  • I especially enjoyed the shopping in Japan
  • I've only mentioned two specific areas of Epcot Center, because in actuality I could write about every little detail I love about Epcot, and it would take days

• by Davis Tucker

Epcot Center was one of my favorite travel destinations as a child, and it remains on my list of all-time favorite places as an adult. I think Disney has mastered the art of creating magical theme parks, and I don’t think anyone else in that industry can even come close to providing the quality of entertainment that Disney offers. Each time I’ve been to Epcot Center I’ve had to endure at least a 17 hour road trip to get there, but it was well worth the ride. No matter where you live in the world, I very highly recommend visiting Epcot Center at least once in your lifetime, because I think it’s an exceptional attraction that offers diverse entertainment with universal appeal.

For me, there’s no comparison to any other theme park except other theme parks actually owned by Disney, because everything about Epcot Center has always exceeded any expectations I may have had prior to going there. Epcot Center is famous for Spaceship Earth, which is a giant structure

at the main entrance that resembles a golf ball, but Epcot has a lot more to offer than just Spaceship Earth. I’ve never had the opportunity to spend more than one day there at a time, but I know I could spend at least two entire days there in a row and still not see enough.

I could actually spend an entire week there and still want to return the next week. There’s so much to see and so much to do at Epcot Center that I think anyone can get lost in enjoyment for days there. Epcot is organized around various themes, and my favorite place in this magical wonderland is the World Showcase.

It features several countries from around the world, and each country featured has its own designated area. Each country hosts authentic shops, attractions, and restaurants. Japan and the United Kingdom are two of my favorite countries that are featured at Epcot Center.

I especially enjoyed the shopping in Japan. I purchased some ...

• silk Japanese purses as souvenirs, and I will always treasure them. Not only are they beautiful, but every time I use one, I’m reminded of the wonderful memories I made at Epcot Center.

I also really enjoyed having dinner in Japan. Dinner was prepared at the table by a chef, which made for an entertaining experience, and the food was as delicious as the chef was skillfully entertaining. I had Japanese steak, and it was exceptionally delicious.

On another visit to Epcot Center, I enjoyed dinner in the United Kingdom. I appreciated Disney’s attention to detail to make everything authentic, because I actually lost myself in the moment and felt like I was in jolly old England for a little while. For dinner I ordered fish and chips, and I thought they were better than the fish and chips I had when I was in an actual pub in London.

In addition to an exceptional meal, I had the fortune to be dining in a prime spot

in Disney’s United Kingdom so I could enjoy one of the spectacular fireworks displays that Epcot regularly orchestrates. Aside from the World Showcase, I also really enjoyed Epcot’s Future World, which is a designated area in the park designed around Disney’s interpretation of what the future will be like. I’ve only mentioned two specific areas of Epcot Center, because in actuality I could write about every little detail I love about Epcot, and it would take days.

There’s absolutely nothing that I don’t love about this Disney theme park. I think Walt Disney World deserves ratings above and beyond the highest possible ratings for every single aspect of Epcot Center. The park itself is impeccable and magical, and there’s an almost endless variety of entertainment, from Disney characters greeting guests throughout the park, to the unique attractions, shopping, and eateries.

I think it’s an experience that can’t be justly described or fully appreciated unless you’ve actually been there yourself. Overall, I think Epcot Center truly is one of the most magical places on Earth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 388051086961131/k2311a058/5.8.10