Ethan Hawke  » People  »
  • When I think about the epitome of a heartthrob, I immediately envision Ethan Hawke
  • I like Ethan Hawke as an actor because he has this tortured bad boy thing going on, and for some of his roles, those qualities carries over to his characters which makes him even more irresistible
  • I try to look out for the movie on television, however, I noticed that it doesn't air on television anymore, so I had to purchase it
  • Unfortunately, it would be awhile before I saw him take on his next big role which was in the movie Training Day
  • I love watching the conflicted characters he takes on and hopefully he'll continue choosing roles that play to his strengths as an actor

• by C.Channing

When I think about the epitome of a heartthrob, I immediately envision Ethan Hawke. I like Ethan Hawke as an actor because he has this tortured bad boy thing going on, and for some of his roles, those qualities carries over to his characters which makes him even more irresistible.

The first movie I ever saw Ethan Hawke in was “Reality Bites”; he was a bad boy musician. His character had long hair which made him so dreamy. I try to look out for the movie on television, however, I noticed that it doesn’t air on television anymore, so I had to purchase it.

Another movie I saw

him in was “White Fang” and “White Fang 2″. Both movies were popular on the Disney Channel before the takeover of teen television. I liked Ethan in the White Fang movies because I loved watching the sensitivity his character had towards white fang. It was almost equivalent to the camaraderie amongst humans. I think he was also pretty young when he filmed those movies.

Ethan Hawke would continue a steady momentum in his career as more roles would come his way. I loved the book “Great Expectations” and when I saw the movie for an English class, I was so excited that Ethan Hawke was playing Finnegan. Unfortunately,

• it would be awhile before I saw him take on his next big role which was in the movie “Training Day”. He played a rookie cop, Jake, who would be exposed to the corrupt cops on his team. I thought he did a great job as Jake in “Training Day”, and I loved how his character stuck to his morals and convictions throughout the movie even though he was caught up in certain situations.

After “Training Day”, he would go on to star alongside Angelina Jolie in “Taking Lives”. “Taking Lives” was a psychological thriller; his character was a witness to a murder. Everything that Ethan Hawke encompasses

as heartthrob definitely came out in that movie. I also liked him in the movie remake of “Assault on Precinct 13″. He played a Sergeant who was stuck on desk duty for an incident that happened while he was an undercover cop. Once Bishop, played by Laurence Fishburne, came into the Sergeant’s station everything just gets better and better.

I would consider Ethan Hawke to be a low key, yet methodical actor. He chooses his roles very carefully and his resume is a reflection of that. I love watching the conflicted characters he takes on and hopefully he’ll continue choosing roles that play to his strengths as an actor.

Ethan Hawke

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 528051086841031/k2311a058/5.8.10