Kodak Value Charger - Rechargeable Batteries
1.0
  • I bought the Kodak Value Charger, complete with four rechargeable AA batteries for my digital camera right before a semester abroad in Florence

• by Kumalo

I bought the Kodak Value Charger, complete with four rechargeable AA batteries for my digital camera right before a semester abroad in Florence. I assumed, correctly, that I would be taking hundreds upon hundreds of pictures, wondering through the exquisite Tuscan gardens and villas. I needed some intense battery power.

Wow, did this charger fail me. I don’t even want to think about

how much money I had to throw away on regular batteries bought with Euros at expensive touristy sites. Yes, I get it, I was in a different country where the electricity is wired differently and the outlets are kind of funky. I knew this going in. I was prepared with my adapters and converters for my journey. I read all the instructions.

• The charger worked once. ONCE. The batteries themselves barely held a charge. And nothing I did brought the charger back to life.

I still decided to give the charger the benefit of the doubt, when I discovered that my brother had purchased the very same one, intending to use it right there on American soil with American wiring. He made good use

of the charger for, oh, about a month before it too surrendered. Once I came home from my Italian journey, we tried trading batteries, using the charger in different locations. I tried my own charger in my trusty bedroom outlet. To no avail.

Lesson learned. I haven’t tried other chargers yet, but I will absolutely never buy the Kodak Value Charger again. What Value??

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 437051085450431/k2311a057/5.7.10