DKNY To Go Women by Donna Karan perfume
2.0
  • The thing I found appealing was the fact it contained tomato as an ingredient which sounded different as opposed to the usual floral notes that seem to dominate perfumes
  • I love tomatoes and like the heady scent they give off when still on the vine but this can not be compared in any way
  • The perfume reminds me of a bloody mary which yes to drink is delicious, but to wear
  • I like a fragrance that contains Narcissus as it always reminds me of summer but I could not tell if this was there or not as the tomato leaf is just far too strong
  • I bought this at a discount price but for regular prices you are looking at £20 at least for a 50ml bottle

• by Tick tock

Collecting and wearing perfumes is my one real weakness and I spend a lot of money adding to my collection. It’s really helped that a family friend has recently opened a Perfume store so I spend a lot of time (and money) there.

One of my latest additions to my perfume collection is the one I am reviewing now: DKNY To Go Women by Donna Karan.

Apart from the obvious fact that this is DKNY, I was attracted to this primarily because of the simplistic design of the bottle.

The perfume comes housed in a classic oblong shaped bottle which has clean lines of white and clear glass.

The thing I found appealing was the fact it contained

tomato as an ingredient which sounded different as opposed to the usual floral notes that seem to dominate perfumes.

On first spraying this onto my skin I was instantly aware of the tomato - in fact it seemed to be the only dominant note which was a little disappointing.

The perfume is actually made up of the following:

Top notes: Tomato leaf Blood orange

Heart notes: Water lily Corall orchid Narcissus

Base notes: Birch Tulip

On first spraying this scent onto my skin I was vaguely aware of the blood orange but as stated it was the tomato leaf that domineers here - and not in a good way.

I love tomatoes and like the heady scent they give off ...

• when still on the vine but this can not be compared in any way. The perfume reminds me of a bloody mary which yes to drink is delicious, but to wear..?

I like a fragrance that contains Narcissus as it always reminds me of summer but I could not tell if this was there or not as the tomato leaf is just far too strong.

For staying power this gets full marks as a small spritz lasts a long time (too long!) and doesn’t seem to fade at all. Normally I am aware of the different notes coming through when I first spray a perfume on to my skin, but this just doesn’t happen here.

Would I

recommend it? To be perfectly honest No.

I never thought I would say that about anything made by Donna Karan but this just doesn’t seem to work on any level. It tries too hard to be different and unfortunately falls flat on it’s face. It’s a nice different idea that just fails miserably.

Having sounded so derogatory towards it I would at least recommend you get to smell this t least to make your own minds up, but as for buying a bottle..well that is up to you!

I bought this at a discount price but for regular prices you are looking at £20 at least for a 50ml bottle.

Overall this is stab at something new and “trendy” but not one I will be trying again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 567051085430431/k2311a057/5.7.10