vTech Dual Cordless Phone Set Model dect 6.0 6219-2  » Electronics  »
  • I think it is the best phone I've ever had, to be honest

• by AmericanWomanOnline

My room mate and I got these phones, that come sold together, about three and a half months ago. They are great. We love them. They’ve only run out of juice one time each on us, and that was after we both forgot to stick them on the chargers at night after being on the phone for about three days in a row. They are great on reception, too. I can walk several houses away and still hear the person I am talking to.

One thing we both like, since

I and my son are mainly upstairs, is the conference call button. It rings to the other phone when pushed, no paging sound. The ringing sounds like it normally does, when someone is calling us from outside the house. It has several ring tones available, as well.

I’m not sure about my room mate, but I’ve dropped mine quite a few times, and it hasn’t affected it at all. The one I have, which is identical to hers, seems extremely durable. I think it is the best phone I’ve ever ...

• had, to be honest. I’ve had other vTech phones in the past, and they’ve all been good. The first one I had, my son was an infant and he ruined it when he peed directly into it while I was changing his diaper. I’m sure this one isn’t impervious to liquids, either, so I do take care to keep it away from over water.

The one drawback to this, and this is a feature I would like to see the maker address, is that on the second handset’s charger, there is not

way to page the phone if I’ve misplaced it. I have to go downstairs to page it, and then run upstairs to find the phone. I wish vTech had included this feature on both chargers, as it’s a big hassle to do every time I lose the phone. I’ve taken to hollering downstairs to my room mate to not answer the phone when I’ve used my MagicJack on the computer to call the house phones instead. Other than that lack of a pager on both, I’d have given this phone set a 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167051085370431/k2311a057/5.7.10