Bumpits Hair Volumizing Leave-In Inserts As Seen On TV  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to put a small jeweled barrette either in front or in back of the insert for added pizzaz

• by Amy

I will start out by saying that I am very pleased with this product. Rarely do I find a hair product that I can honestly say “works as advertised”. The front of the Bumpits box states, “From Flat To Fabulous in Seconds!” and after just a little practice on your part, that statement is true.

The Bumpits kit comes with 3 leave-in inserts, a small comb for teasing your hair and a styling guide. I find that the largest insert is

a bit too big and wobbly for my head, but that is probably due to the quantity of hair that I am bumping up. The medium insert is my favorite size. I like to put a small jeweled barrette either in front or in back of the insert for added pizzaz. The small insert is quite useful on days when I don’t have time to wash my hair and need to disguise a bit of flat, oily hair.

The inserts stay ...

• in place all day and only shift their position if I hit my head getting in and out of the car. I hit my head because once the insert is in place, I cannot feel it, forget it’s even there and I’m not used to the added height. Even so, it barely moves thanks to the bit of hair spray which holds it in place.

Teasing my hair took a little practice. Actually, I can use the medium and small insert without teasing

my hair but if I want to wear the large size and really up-do my hair, I’d have to tease it.

I use the dark brown/black Bumpits and once my hair is covering it, you cannot see the inserts. They blend in really well.

The first time I wore one, just after Christmas, I received four compliments on my hair style. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, no, they did not get tangled in my hair when taking them out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317051085270431/k2311a057/5.7.10