Next to Normal on Broadway  » Theatre  »
  • That said, I recommend buying tickets to Next to Normal as soon as you can
  • The music and lyrics are wonderful and heartfelt, and the cast is bar none one of the best on Broadway
  • I found the show to be a beacon of hope, and it really helped me realize that no matter what a person is going through, they can get through it if they have someone that loves them by their side

• by K. Rose

I should preface this review by stating that over the years, I’ve seen over 100 shows on and off Broadway. I’m a huge theatre fan, loving everything from the classics to the little known shows. I’ve seen my fair share of wonderful productions and complete embarrassments. I’ve also been lucky enough to work on a few shows, so I tend to judge them a little more harsh than some would.

That said, I recommend buying tickets to Next to Normal as soon as you can! It’s easily

in the top 3 shows I have ever seen. Without giving anything away, the show is something that can be easily related to by everyone. I sat there in tears watching the wonderful actors portray scenes that they could’ve taken right out of my own life. I looked around and throughout the show, I was moved to see that there was not a dry eye in the entire theatre.

The music and lyrics are wonderful and heartfelt, and the cast is bar none one of the ...

• best on Broadway. The biggest stand out to me was Kyle Dean Massey, who I had seen prior in Altar Boyz yet was still completely blown away by. Overall though, there was not one weak link in the entire cast, which is a rare find on Broadway these days!

them by their side. Surprisingly, that lesson is proven more by the young lovers than the parents. It also shows how much loss can affect a person, and how one person’s mental health can affect their entire family.

Unlike many shows that have sad plots, this one gets the point across realistically instead of in a cartoon like manner that some shows and movies tend to hit. I recommend seeing this show immediately to catch this fantastic cast, but be sure to bring plenty of tissues!

Next to Normal on Broadway

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 327051085070431/k2311a057/5.7.10