Pretoria Zoological Gardens  » Travel  »
232 Boom Street, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
  • It was a truly eye opening experience and I reckon the little biology lesson we had during the break, in the resident conference room, made for the cherry on top and made the whole experience a whole lot more “informed”
  • I think this is the best part of the zoo and reckon the experience wouldn’t be complete, for anyone who visits the Pretoria Zoo, if they did not make a stop at the in house aquarium

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

My first visit to this zoo was not one that I have vivid memories of as I was very young at the time. Although my memory is relatively good, when I went there for the second time recently, it was not my first choice of an afternoon out initially, but as the day went on I started to have an increasingly good time, with little spurts of deja vu moments invading my mind every now and

again.

I spent the day there with a couple of close friends and we had packed a picnic basket, so that we could really take our time and explore every single corner of the zoological gardens.

It was a truly eye opening experience and I reckon the little biology lesson we had during the break, in the resident conference room, made for the cherry on top and made the whole experience a whole lot more “informed”.

We learned about ...

• the history of the zoo as well as some general facts about animals and I felt that the presentation of this little lesson was very well rounded, well prepared, well balanced and well executed. It was to the point and I was interested the whole time.

Getting back to the field trip of the zoological gardens though, it was fun to see all the animals, even though they are in enclosed environments, but the really moving part

of the zoo is the aquarium.

At my request, this is where we spent most of our trip and we took many pictures. The aquarium had such a serene, calming effect on me that I felt I could spend hours and hours there. I think this is the best part of the zoo and reckon the experience wouldn’t be complete, for anyone who visits the Pretoria Zoo, if they did not make a stop at the in house aquarium.

Pretoria Zoological Gardens

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 387051084240231/k2311a057/5.7.10