Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
3.3
  • I bought this moisturizer because I am a cash-strapped college student, who sincerely hopes that buying the cheapest thing on the shelves will turn out okay
  • I'd say avoid this white bottle with purple cap, even if you're a destitute student like myself

• by Kumalo

Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer makes a lot of promises on the bottle. “OIL-FREE,” “moisturizes dry skin,” “treats & helps prevent pimples.” I don’t know about all that.

I bought this moisturizer because I am a cash-strapped college student, who sincerely hopes that buying the cheapest thing on the shelves will turn out okay. I have

had luck with other Clean&Clear products. My usual standbys have become rather expensive for my dwindling bank account, however, so I went for this beautiful bargain of $5 moisturizer. How could I possibly go wrong??

Oh my. Well let’s just take a look at that first promise, shall we? Judging by the grease slathered on my face, I refute their “OIL-FREE” in big capital letters claim. I don’t have particularly oily skin to begin with. I would say I have combination skin, with some spots tending to become slimier than others. But the shiny smears under my eyes and in the crease of my chin is all too ...

• Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
      unappealing. And far from treating and preventing pimples, I have had far more ominous red bumps encroaching upon my forehead than before I used this product. The salicylic acid acne medication that is supposedly contained in this container is either completely ineffective, or overpowered by the pure glycerin I’m convinced is slicked upon my face
      right now.

Additionally there is no SPF in this, so my nose and cheeks are getting pinker as summer approaches. It does moisturize, I’ll give Clean&Clear that. But at what cost?

I’d say avoid this white bottle with purple cap, even if you’re a destitute student like myself. Spend $2 more and save your skin the slimy anguish.

M says :

I agree, the bottle makes a lot of promises that the product doesn’t exactly follow through with. I purchased this once and I don’t think I got through the whole bottle before tossing it due to disappointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317051084170231/k2311a057/5.7.10