Sapporo Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona  » Restaurants  »
14344 North Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, AZ 85254
  • The food was great, but a little too pricey in my opinion
  • Delicious food, but I would only recommend going for a special occasion or if you're wanting to impress someone

• by amym428

Sapporo Teppanyaki Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona has always been one of my favorites. However, my last visit here was slightly different than all the rest.

I used to frequent Sapporo a few times a year, then I moved away. Now, I’m back and had an upcoming birthday. What better place to spend it than eating dinner at Sapporo?

My husband and I made reservations and arrived promptly on time. We were seating at one of the Teppanyaki tables

and handed a menu with both happy hour prices and regular prices. The entree I usually get, Filet Mignon and Shrimp, had usually been priced in the $20 range on all of my previous visits. This time, the menu priced it at $31! What a jump up! The happy hour prices however, were the prices I had been used to, but the waitress explained that they are only lunch portions now.

We both ordered the full sized ...

• portions since this was a special occasion. Their signature Mango Passion Martini was $10. Imported beer was $5 (happy hour menu). We weren’t served our first course until 15-20 minutes after our reservation since other guests were late. I didn’t particularly think we should have had to wait so long since we were on time. The service was friendly, but the music was far too loud. The heat from the teppanyaki tables was overwhelmingly hot and
        it seemed as if they didn’t have their A/C on.

The food was great, but a little too pricey in my opinion. Rumors at the table were that they had opened a new location in Las Vegas, but went bankrupt, causing this location to go bankrupt as well. So now, Sapporo is under new ownership which explains the sudden price increase.

Delicious food, but I would only recommend going for a special occasion or if you’re wanting to impress someone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 77051084110231/k2311a057/5.7.10