Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • Ever since I bought my old desktop, I've used the default rolly-ball mouse that it came with
  • I decided that it was time to buy a new mouse
  • Looking at the information provided on the box, the sensitivity and functions seemed interesting and persuading (ex
  • Because of this, I found this mouse to be quite banal and mundane in that the special functions it had was extremely difficult to handle
  • Overall, I don't recommend this mouse to consumers

• by Chee154

Ever since I bought my old desktop, I’ve used the default rolly-ball mouse that it came with. While it has sufficiently served its purpose, with age comes the degrading quality of the mouse. When the mouse began to lose its scrolling function, and clicks took an extra click to get it to work; I decided that it was time to buy a new mouse.

Often when I buy something, I generally look for two things; the quality and the pricing. However, in a desperate need for a new mouse, I simply went to

the local Fry’s Electronic Store and looked around their selection of mouses.

After looking around $30 plus dollar gaming mouses, I eventually came to buy the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. Looking at the information provided on the box, the sensitivity and functions seemed interesting and persuading (ex.

left/right scroll, zoom). Costing only $10 at the store, I decided to buy the laser mouse in hopes that it would serve me well.

When I opened the box, the installation for the functions of the mouse was very easy and straightforward, saving time to ...

• actually work with the mouse itself. When I actually began to test a few of the functions, the first thing that stood out was the extreme difficulty to actually “press” the scroll button down.

The left and right scrolling was extremely arduous and took several tries get it working. Because of this, I found this mouse to be quite banal and mundane in that the “special functions” it had was extremely difficult to handle.

The other parts of the mouse were very standard and normal, and the scrolling felt strange (overly smooth). The

only function that I found to live up to its standards was the zoom which was quite effective and useful.

Overall, I don’t recommend this mouse to consumers. If looking for a cheap mouse with find quality, there are much better mouses than the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

Not only does the “special” and unique functions it has are difficult to use, but it is very overpriced for a mouse at this standard. I’ve bought another mouse already to replace the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 to overcome the stress of using the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167051084090231/k2311a057/5.7.10