Vanity Fair Premium Dinner Napkins
  • I love that they’ve stuck with the same clamshell embossed design after all these years
  • They actually come in their own napkin holder which I think is a nice touch, although I prefer to use my wooden napkin holder
  • I like the way my silverware looks on these too
  • I believe it’s important that dining maintains a touch of formality and tradition, even on week nights

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I am very familiar with this particular brand of paper napkins. My first memories of them are as a kid helping to set the dinner table. I sometimes feel like it’s an indulgence to buy premium dinner napkins, and get lured away by the giant economy packs. So, I don’t always buy these Vanity Fair napkins but sooner or later I always seem to find my way back to them.

I love that they’ve stuck with the same clamshell embossed design after all these years. I guess it’s a little weird to get sentimental over a paper dinner napkin, but those little details matter to me. Anyway, I love the way they’re pre folded into a perfect rectangle for me. They actually

come in their own napkin holder which I think is a nice touch, although I prefer to use my wooden napkin holder. I still find the paper napkin holder they come in useful, because it helps keep them together in a nice neat stack until I’m ready to use them. They fit so nicely in my napkin holder and when I go to grab one I get the one I wanted and not a bunch. On the other hand, the cheaper square napkins that always seem to flop over, come out of the napkin holder in clumps and wind up on the floor. I like the way my silverware looks on these too. The square ones,that I can never seem to ...

• fold right, always look too small or two large.

I guess if I truly had the discipline to use only one at a time, then the economy napkins can be considered a better value than these dinner napkins. Often though I find that everyone including myself winds up instinctively grabbing a stack of them whether they need to or not. I find that it’s wasteful and looks ugly and makes me question whether economy napkins are even a good value. With these premium napkins, everybody seems to be satisfied with just one. In fact, I can’t remember that anyone has ever requested an additional napkin when I use these.

Lastly, I just like the way these look. I think they look about

as nice as a paper napkin can, and no one can deny that these look better than cheaper napkins. I’m sure there are other brands of premium dinner napkins that are just as nice. But, I’m always going to have a soft spot for these. They add just a bit of elegance and formality to my table. I believe it’s important that dining maintains a touch of formality and tradition, even on week nights. I feel it helps encourage everyone to reconnect and re establish the concept of quality family time. For whatever reason, when I use these paper napkins they seem to help reinforce that tradition in my household.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537051083970231/k2311a057/5.7.10