Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather Tub Seat  » Baby care  »
1.5
  • I bought this tub seat because I needed something to help me with bath time for the babies that I care for
  • I found myself washing the baby several times during the day due to dirty diapers and lots of spit-up, or just spillage while feeding
  • Since I was always washing the baby down, I decided to buy a little seat that would fit in my tub or sink to make bath time easier
  • I think it is only good for babies who can't move around much and are under 3 months old
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a tub seat for a baby over 3 months old

• by mariekay

I bought this tub seat because I needed something to help me with bath time for the babies that I care for. I have 2 babies in my day care, and at the time that I purchased this seat, one of them was only 6 weeks old. I found myself washing the baby several times during the day due to dirty diapers and lots of spit-up, or just spillage while feeding. Since I was always washing the baby down, I decided to buy a little seat that would fit in my tub or sink to make bath time easier.

I found this little seat and I actually bought it because it was the cheapest one I could find. I only paid around $15 for it. It looked

like a decent bath seat from the picture on the box. It actually resembled a regular bouncy seat, but it was designed to sit in the bath tub or the sink for bath time.

I initially liked this tub for several reasons. First of all, it seemed much more comfortable for baby than a hard plastic tub. I also liked that baby did not need to be submerged in the water during bath time, but rather he could just lay in the seat and while I rinsed him down, and the seat is still above water level. When I first started using the seat, it was secure and there was no slipping on the bottom of the tub.

I had a couple problems with the ...

• tub after I had used it for a while. First of all, I realized that it was too big and bulky to use in the sink, and I was hoping I could use it that way. Even though the directions say it can be used in the sink, it really can’t. Also, as baby got a bit bigger and was able to move around in the seat a little, the bottom base of the seat would slip in the tub. Sometimes baby didn’t want to lay down in the seat and would try to wiggle around or sit up ,and that motion would cause the seat to move around in the tub. Not a safe situation. Also, even though I liked the soft mesh
        material for baby at first, I soon found that the seat began to smell musty and moldy after a while. Every time I used it I rinsed it out and set it out to dry completely, but I still got that musty smell from it. I didn’t want to put baby back in the seat when it smelled like that.

So, for me, this seat worked for a couple times of bathing, bu tit soon ended up in the trash. I think it is only good for babies who can’t move around much and are under 3 months old. After that it’s useless. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a tub seat for a baby over 3 months old.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 547051083900231/k2311a057/5.7.10