Baby Trend Phantom Infant Car Seat  » Baby care  »
1.5
  • Another problem I have with this product is the handle, and how difficult it is to get it to adjust
  • Overall, though, I would not recommend this car seat to anyone

• by mariekay

I got this car seat from the mom of one of the babies that I take care of. I keep it in my van, and I use it for the baby who is now about 8 months old. The baby has been in the car seat since birth. The seat is actually a base that attaches to the seat in the car, and then a removable carrier that you can snap in and out of the base. So, I can put baby into his seat from inside the house, and then carry it out to the van and lock it into the base. The car seat came with a cover for baby during cold winter months, and it also has a canopy that can be raised

or lowered to block the sun. This comes in handy if you are using the seat with a stroller on a sunny day.

The car seat carrier has a triangle shaped handle which is supposed to make carrying it easier and less awkward than a regular shaped handle. I find the triangle shape to be just as awkward, if not more so. The seat is as difficult to carry around as any other infant seat for me. When I walk with it, there is no comfortable way to hold it, and it always hits my legs as I walk. I need to hold it with two hands also because it’s so heavy.

This seat also has a unique buckle to secure baby. It has a puzzle-piece-type buckle ...

• that you have to get together just right in order for it to fit into the clip. This has been difficult, especially if baby is squirming or moving around a lot. One piece has to fit into another piece perfectly or it won’t work. It is a pain to try to get the two pieces together just so, and it takes for ever to finally get baby strapped in. Another problem I have with this product is the handle, and how difficult it is to get it to adjust. When the carrier is in the car, the handle needs to be down flat, but then when it’s time to carry baby around in it, the handle needs to be up. The handle is very, very difficult
        to adjust. The button you need to push to release the handle pushes so hard that sometimes I can’t get it to go into place at all.

On the positive side, this car seat is attractive and it seems comfortable for baby. He likes to fall asleep in it and he doesn’t usually cry to get out. Overall, though, I would not recommend this car seat to anyone. It is such a hassle and you will find yourself frustrated trying to carry it, buckle it, or adjust it. When you have a new baby around, they are constantly in and out of the car seat, so you are dealing with these issues several times a day. Save yourself all the hassle and buy a different seat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 547051083880231/k2311a057/5.7.10