American Sport Bed in a Bag - Twin Bed Set  » Housewares  »
  • The bed skirt is more sheer than I thought it would be, and looks kind of cheap
  • I never noticed any shrinking form doing that
  • I think for the price, this set is a good value, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a child that wants a sports-themed bed set

• by mariekay

I bought this set after seeing it online. My son was about 4 at the time, and he wanted a sports themed room. This set seemed like it would match with my son’s other decor, and he had a twin bed at the time, so I figured this set would be a good fit. The set was priced at around $60 and included a twin size comforter and sheets, 1 pillow case and sham and a bed skirt for around the bottom of the bed. The design of the bedsheets and comforter was blue with baseballs, basketballs, and footballs in a pattern across the design.

My son liked it when he saw it online, so I ordered it. I got the order within a week. The entire set came in a

large bag. The first thing I did was to take everything down to the laundromat so I could wash it all and also get the wrinkles out. When the package arrived, since it was all compacted into a bag, everything was quite wrinkles and needed to either be ironed or washed and dried in order to get it smooth.

After everything was washed, I put it all on my son’s bed. I was happy to see that everything fit. The sheet was nice and tight, but still easy to put on the bed. The comforter hung over the sides at just the right length, and it seemed that putting it into the dryer had not caused any shrinking. My son was thrilled when he first saw the set ...

• on his bed, and it matched well with his room.

A couple negatives I found with this set: first, the quality of the sheets and pillow case are not the best. The material feels kind of stiff rather than soft. The bed skirt is more sheer than I thought it would be, and looks kind of cheap. Luckily it is mostly covered up by the comforter since we have my son’s bed pushed up against one wall, so the comforter is longer on the side that’s open and covers most of the bed skirt. Another thing I didn’t like is that my son said the pillow case felt scratchy on his face. Since the material wasn’t too soft, it was uncomfortable for him to lay on.

The material on the comforter and

sheets didn’t bother him, though. So, I just purchased two separate pillow cases in a soft cotton material in blue to coordinate with the rest of the set. He likes those, and they are softer than the ones that came with the bed set.

Overall this set was a nice bed set for my son when he was younger. We had it for a few years, and it held up well. I liked that I could throw the comforter and the sheets right in the washer and dry them in the dryer. I never noticed any shrinking form doing that. I think for the price, this set is a good value, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a child that wants a sports-themed bed set.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537051083870231/k2311a057/5.7.10