Walgreens Wal-Zyr 90 Count All Day Allergy 10 mg,Tablets
  • And I've tried prescription medications and found that they actually don't work any better than over-the-counter varieties and cost way less when you consider that you don't have to pay a co-pay to see a doctor in order to get them and try them, only to find out they don't work

• by Anasuya

I’m going to start off by saying that you’re probably not getting your money worth out of the Walgreens Wal-Zyr 90 Count All Day Allergy 10 mg,Tablets, and the only reason I say that is because Walgreens puts out many generic varieties of name brand allergy medications that come with much more tablets for a better price. However, with that said, I still think you’re better off spending $20 getting this 90 pill supply verses getting a 12 count supply of the name brand Zyrtec for the same price. I compared the ingredients in both products and found them to be almost identical, and so couldn’t see a real reason not to try the walgreen generic variety since I’d already tried the Zyrtec and found it didn’t do much that warrants the price tag attached to it.

But let me stress WHY I needed this allergy medicine, and

why I’ve tried more allergy medicines in the last eight years than most people have probably tried in their entire lives. I have a very high tolerance for most medications, and so almost none of them work as well or for as long as the package promises, and my allergy symptoms are incredibly severe when they hit. I have congestion pretty much year round, but the symptoms get worse in the spring and fall months, with the itchy nose, eyes and even an itchy mouth and throat, which is probably the worst of them all because there’s hardly anything you can do about an itchy mouth and throat. There’s congestion, of course, and sometimes headaches and sleeplessness and sore necks all from the symptoms I suffered just form allergies, so needless to say I typically feel pretty miserable for about half the year. And I’ve tried prescription medications ...

• and found that they actually don’t work any better than over-the-counter varieties and cost way less when you consider that you don’t have to pay a co-pay to see a doctor in order to get them and try them, only to find out they don’t work.

But, happily, I can say I’ve had a great deal of luck with the walgreens generic products and the Walgreens Wal-Zyr 90 Count All Day Allergy 10 mg,Tablets is no exception to this rule. It’s an all day pill, so you only take it once, and I did find, like with most all-day pills, it didn’t last nearly all day, but that was to be expected for me, as it’s a pretty typical response I have to any medication. Despite this fact, though, I still got a lot of use out of it, and it did what it was supposed to do

for at least part of the day. I’ve never been tested on what kind of allergies I have, though mostly I attribute them to pollen in the air. And when I take one of these Wal-zyr, after about forty-five minutes, I did feel a great deal of relief from my symptoms. The congestion is pretty constant, no matter what I take (unless its a successful nasal spray), but it helped alleviate the runny nose, the itchy and water eyes, and the itchy throat, which I wasn’t expecting to be treated very well. The pill would last me until about mid-afternoon, assuming I took it first thing in the morning, so I really had to calculate when my symptoms were the worst and what time I should take it so I got the most benefit from it. Doesn’t work all day, but it DOES work, and I’d happily invest in it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267051083310131/k2311a057/5.7.10