CVS Omeprazole 20 Mg  » Medicine  »
  • I had tried another cvs brand of heartburn medication, which was about half the price of this cvs brand Omeprazole, at $9 for 32 count verses the $9 for the 14 count I paid for this one, but sometimes my heartburn and acid reflux is at a stage that the lighter heartburn medications just can't touch
  • I've experienced heartburn problems for years, and really it's either avoid the foods that cause it, or take preventative measures
  • Since I love to eat, I've obviously chosen to take preventative measures, which includes taking a heartburn medication PRIOR to eating a meal
  • As such, I can take the omeprazole tablets BEFORE the problem exists, and usually, if I'm taking a good medication, I'd never even notice that I would normally experience heartburn
  • It's a solution I can definitely live with

• by Anasuya

I had tried another cvs brand of heartburn medication, which was about half the price of this cvs brand Omeprazole, at $9 for 32 count verses the $9 for the 14 count I paid for this one, but sometimes my heartburn and acid reflux is at a stage that the lighter heartburn medications just can’t touch. I’ve experienced heartburn problems for years, and really it’s either avoid the foods that cause it, or take preventative measures. Since I love to eat, I’ve obviously chosen to take preventative measures, which includes taking a heartburn medication PRIOR to eating a meal. I’m pretty conscious about what

I eat that causes the problems to occur, thanks to the fact my doctor suggested I keep a food diary on a daily basis so I could track and monitor the occurance of my heartburn and acid reflux, and so I’m probably far more aware of what foods cause it than most people would be. As such, I can take the omeprazole tablets BEFORE the problem exists, and usually, if I’m taking a good medication, I’d never even notice that I would normally experience heartburn.

I experience heartburn on a very regular basis, usually about three times a week, therefore I liked this medication, because it’s a one-a-day tablet for a two week treatment. It takes about 4 days to really step up into effect though. During the first three days, I didn’t think it was working at all, because I still experienced at least one case of pretty severe heartburn, but by the fourth day, the heartburn occurance was far less intense, and by the sixth day when I experienced my next bout of heartburn, it was almost non-existent. So, I’ve pretty much decided that, though I keep normal heartburn medication in my house for my huband, I actually stay on a constant round of the omeprazole ...

• CVS Omeprazole 20 Mg
      because it has helped keep my heartburn at a very manageable level, and I don’t have to remember which foods I need to be taking heartburn medication prior to eating, and then I’m not surprised by a sudden bout of heartburn if I DID forget. Basically, this does everything it should do and then some, because theres a level of convenience here that doesn’t exist with other heartburn medications which, when taken during a bout of heartburn, doesn’t always work and sometimes takes a long time to be effective. Such is definitely not the case with this medication.

Of course, this is a more

serious round of heartburn treatment, so there is a huge list of drug interactions and possible complications and problems you should watch out for because I think this medication might mask the signs of a heartattack, so if you’re prone to heartattacks or having a family history, you probably shouldn’t take it continuously without contacting your doctor. I’d already had a pretty thorough conversation with my doctor before I started taking a daily regime of medication, so I knew it was right for me. And this works, and is an affordable alternative to people who experience moderate heartburn and can’t afford insurance. It’s a solution I can definitely live with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267051083230131/k2311a057/5.7.10