Walgreens WAL-FINATE 4 Hour Allergy Relief Tablets
  • I really can't even count the number and types of allergy medicines I've experimented with over the course of the last eight years, but the list is extensive and, surprisingly, the ones I've found that work the best are these Walgreen knock-off products
  • I found myself having sinus and allergy attacks pretty much as soon as I got out of the car after having moved from the south to Michigan
  • I was trying to avoid that by experimenting with the effectiveness of other medications
  • VERY cost effective at $5 for 50 tablets, so a little money goes a long way, and actually cost me less than prescription allergy medications, even with insurance

• by Anasuya

I really can’t even count the number and types of allergy medicines I’ve experimented with over the course of the last eight years, but the list is extensive and, surprisingly, the ones I’ve found that work the best are these Walgreen knock-off products. I’m always a fan of generic products because they are supposed to be cheaper, but I’ve found that CVS and Rite Aid generic versions are just as expensive (and sometimes more-so) than the name brand stuff. But Walgreens actually IS much cheaper, and you get more bang for your buck and, honestly, they work just as well if not better than the name brand products as well… and I’ve had my fair share of name brand allergy medicines to be able to draw that kind of conclusion. Sad but true.

I found myself having sinus and allergy attacks pretty much as soon as I got out of the car after having moved from the south to Michigan. The climate change had it’s way with me, no doubt about it, and I was miserable for pretty much all of the fall months, and sometimes some of the winter months as well!

Wal-FINATE 4 Hour Allergy tablets were one of the products I first tried on a regular basis. I tried not to form any kind of resistence to medications, so I’ll change them out regularly. There’s nothing worse than finding a product that works, but you have to use it so often that it just stops working the way it should or the way it used to. I was trying to avoid that by ...

• experimenting with the effectiveness of other medications. And I was pleasantly surprised by the effectivness of the Wal-FINATE 4 Hour allergy tablets. VERY cost effective at $5 for 50 tablets, so a little money goes a long way, and actually cost me less than prescription allergy medications, even with insurance!

I took two pills every four hours as the box describes, and began to feel relief from my allergy symptoms probably within the first hour. There is a warning stating it can make you a little drowsy or dizzy, but I never actually experienced any of those kind of side-effects. Even taking it on an empty stomach, I never felt queasy or nauseous either, which was a nice change of pace from other medications like this that I’ve taken. It worked almost for

the whole four hours, falling short of its effectiveness within that last half an hour, which is when I’d take another one and wait for that one to kick in. I’d have loved it if there was a night time version of this to take, because even when I took one right before bed, I still needed to get up in the middle of the night because the congestion had me miserable and take another dose, thus taking another hour to take effect, but for during the day, especially if you need to be able to function and can’t give in to a drowsy-inducing medication, it’s a good and very affordable alternative. Walgreen knocks it out of the park with their generic brands, and it’s pretty much the only place I’ll go now for this kind of thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267051082981231/k2311a057/5.7.10