Gabapentin 600 mg Tablet (Neurontin)  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • So, I would highly recommend checking it out with a pharmacy or your doctor
  • I believe gabapentin may work well for some people

• by mbowie

About a month and a half ago, my dog and I were playing. His tooth accidentally hit the inside of my left wrist. I had immediate pain and a burning sensation shoot up onto the top of my hand toward my fingers. The pain and burning eased up after a little bit. However, I would feel pain on the top of my hand with occasional electric shock sensations. I finally went to my primary doctor. It turns out that my dog had probably hit my radial nerve and caused some nerve damage. She prescribed for me 600 mg gabapentin tablet once a day. Gabapentin is the generic form of Neurontin. Gabapentin is a medication used to treat certain types of seizures, pain from shingles, and nerve pain. Gabapentin comes in several different dosages. It ranges from 100mg to

800mg. Gabapentin also comes in a few different forms. These include capsule, tablet, and liquid. One nice thing about this medicine is that it can be taken with or without food. Gabapentin can be stored at room temperature unless you have the liquid form. The liquid needs to be stored in the refrigerator. There are several side effects that should be told to your doctor if you notice them. Some of those side effects can include, itching or hives, swelling of face, shortness of breath, depression, hostility, restlessness, and uncontrolled eye movements. There may be more to look our for. So, I would highly recommend checking it out with a pharmacy or your doctor. Some other side effects, that are not as serious, can include, nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. It is also important to let your doctor know about ...

• any other medications you might be taking. If you take antacids, you may need to wait a few hours before you can take the gabapentin. Gabapentin is a medication that you can’t just stop. Normally, a patient will need to be tapered off slowly.

I took my gabapentin 600mg at night. My doctor had me take it before bed. She was hoping it would help me sleep better at night. The first night I took the gabapentin, I woke up in the middle of the night extremely dizzy. I was not able to sleep well after that. The next morning I had a horrible headache, muscle aches, and really just felt sick all over. I took a small nap and woke up feeling much better. I took the gabapentin again and I didn’t have as bad a headache the

next day. However, I developed really bad diarrhea. I stopped taking the gabapentin. The next day, after not taking the gabapentin, the headache, sick feeling, dizziness, and diarrhea stopped. The only thing good about the gabapentin is that it did take away the nerve pain that I was having in my hand. The nerve pain came back once I stopped taking it. My doctor prescribed Lyrica for me to take instead of the gabapentin. So far, that has been working much better for me.

I believe gabapentin may work well for some people. However, it really did not work well for me. I can not take it. I would strongly suggest that if someone is prescribed this medication, that they really pay attention to any side effects they may have after taking it. The side effects can be very serious.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263051082111031/k2311a053/5.3.10