Digiorno 12″ Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom
2.0
  • The rest of the pizza tasted fine, including the pizza sauce and the crust, which I'm happy to say I can have either soft or crunchy depending on what I feel like

• by CirclingCanvas

This was a disappointing pizza put out by Digiorno. The spinach topping hardly contributed any flavor to this pizza.

Perhaps if more spinach had been used, this pizza would have actually had a real spinach flavor to it rather than a fleeting spinach flavor that did very little for this pizza.

The mushrooms were more plentiful, but mushrooms don’t have as much flavor as spinach does, so I would have

rather there been more spinach and fewer mushrooms, rather than the other way around.

The mozzarella cheese was the richest flavor of them all, and that cheese comes standard on most pizzas, so if mozzarella cheese was what I was after, I wouldn’t have purchased a spinach and mushroom pizza.

The spinach pizzas served at CiCi’s are loaded with spinach and I was hoping that the DiGiorno pizza would be too.

...

• It seems though with DiGiorno, the pizzas are hit or miss.

Some of the pizzas, like the Four Cheese variety are real tasty and loaded with cheese toppings, while others, like this one, are lacking in the toppings department.

The rest of the pizza tasted fine, including the pizza sauce and the crust, which I’m happy to say I can have either soft or crunchy depending on what I feel

like.

This is not something unique to this particular pizza though, so that really doesn’t work in its favor.

I’m still giving this pizza a low score, a “4″, because the lack of spinach really is disappointing for a pizza that’s supposed to be all about spinach and mushrooms.

They certainly loaded it with mushrooms, but the mushrooms wasn’t the reason I spent nearly six dollars on this frozen pizza.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051082001031/k2311a053/5.3.10