Rent the Musical Live on Stage in Auckland, New Zealand
Corner of Queen Street and Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand
  • I was impressed with the actors and their voices
  • I think they may have had the sound up too loud, or maybe we were sitting too close
  • However once I got past the fact it was so loud I really enjoyed the performance

• by urbanbeaute

I’m a huge fan of musicals and also a big fan of Rent. I’ve never seen it live son stage before and so when I heard it was playing in my town it was a must see for me.

Firstly the tickets were a little expensive but it wasn’t too bad.

We got good seats and I was glad we didn’t get too close upstage as the musical was very loud.

I have to say the production was actually really well done. I was impressed with the actors and their voices. They did a fantastic job and Annie Crummer and Michael Murphy ...

• really stood out. Obviously it is a musical and a rock musical at that but I really thought it was a bit too loud during parts of it. All these different characters were singing at the same time, often I couldn’t understand the words and I ended up leaving with
        a headache. I think they may have had the sound up too loud, or maybe we were sitting too close.

However once I got past the fact it was so loud I really enjoyed the performance. They worked well within such a small space and did a good job with bringing Rent to NZ.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593051081450931/k2311a053/5.3.10