Kroger Cinnamon Waffles
  • Even if I skip the syrup, which I don't like to do, I still have trouble tasting the cinnamon

• by CirclingCanvas

These waffles from Kroger are kind of bland. There certainly is some cinnamon flavor baked into these waffles, but it’s not enough to win me over.

The cinnamon becomes particularly difficult to taste when I add a butter spread and syrup.

Even if I skip the syrup, which I don’t like to do, I still have trouble

tasting the cinnamon.

I’m certainly not going to eat the waffles plain, either.

Kroger needed to add a lot more cinnamon to these waffles before shipping them out for sale because there’s just not that much difference between these waffles and their other waffle varieties.

Lack of cinnamon aside, these waffles are about as big as Eggo ...

• waffles or any other frozen waffles sold in supermarkets.

Ten come in a box for a dollar thirty-nine, and that’s a great price.

The trouble is, the value isn’t so good because the cinnamon flavoring just isn’t that prominent.

I can add my own cinnamon, but that defeats the purpose of purchasing the cinnamon waffles.

I’ll just

instead then purchase the multi-grain waffles from Kroger.

Those are the same price and the same number come in a box, but they’re a little healthier for me.

Thus, I have no reason to purchase these waffles again, and since they were disappointing in flavor, I can’t give these good-sized waffles any better than a “6″ rating.

Miss972 says :

I don’t know if I lucked up with this box or what but I love the waffles. They have just the right amount of cinnamon to allow you to still enjoy the waffle flavor. The price is great as well. I will be stocking my freezer with more.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I would have liked more cinnamon flavoring, as I noted in my review. We all have different expectations though, so while I wasn’t impressed with these waffles, the amount of cinnamon clearly was sufficient for you, as well as the others that continue to buy these waffles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051081380931/k2311a053/5.3.10