Breaking Dawn - The Novel  » Books  »
2.0
  • I enjoyed the movie and became curious about the books
  • I found the 'Twilight' and 'New Moon' novels enjoyable
  • The previous three books cost each barely $5 in paperback
  • Stephenie Meyer does have talent in my opinion, and the novel is not lathed with sexual encounters and perversion as some parent groups are screaming
  • I'm sorry to say that I would not recommend that anyone purchase this novel

• by Zoey7879

‘Breaking Dawn’ is the final installment of the ‘Twilight’ saga, and I would like to say that ‘Breaking Dawn’ is the book that broke me; as in broke my pocketbook!

I had not read any of the books in the series until the Twilight movie became available for ownership and rental. I enjoyed the movie and became curious about the books. I found the ‘Twilight’ and ‘New Moon’ novels enjoyable. ‘Eclipse’ left me, and most others, curious about how the upcoming marriage between Bella and Edward, as well as her confusion of feelings about Jacob.

So, naturally I had to have ‘Breaking Dawn’, too!

Big mistake!!

The previous three books cost each barely $5 in paperback. ‘Breaking Dawn’ was not available in paperback at the time. It cost $16.00 from my local Wal-Mart store. ‘Breaking Dawn’ is, in my opinion, the worst novel from the saga, and the worst novel that I’ve read in several years. It’s extremely long and drawn out. Does it really take several hundred pages to explain graduation, honeymoon, pregnancy from hell, and a practically extra-terrestrial, mental abomination of an infant/toddler?

The plot simply did ...

• not seem to vary much from New Moon or Eclipse, except to more deeply explain the werewolves and their abilities, as well as the complex issues caused by Bella’s pregnancy? Once again, the plot involves love, decision making, and hiding from other vampires with tempers that want Bella or something of Bella’s.

I actually hated this novel because the “everyone wants Bella” scenario had long since been played out in the previous books of the series. If I were to divide the book into quarters, I whole heartedly believe that I could read the

first and last quarters and not miss anything important. I regret paying $16 for this book.

Stephenie Meyer does have talent in my opinion, and the novel is not lathed with sexual encounters and perversion as some parent groups are screaming. The sexual situations are only implied - children and teens see worse on some cartoons. I also believe that the author could have put more thought into the novel, giving it a better element for the “filler” chapters than what has been done. I’m sorry to say that I would not recommend that anyone purchase this novel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173051081350931/k2311a053/5.3.10