WinAmp Player  » Software  »
  • I stumbled upon this program on an accident after I read rave reviews about it so I decided to give it a try
  • Until I found WinAmp, I used to try these videos in my various media players like VLC Player and Windows Media Player, all to no avail
  • But when I found WinAmp, I was surprised to find that it can play a large variety of formats with no problem
  • In other words, it is really efficient and makes sure I have a smooth experience with playing my media files
  • I am really amazed by the quality of this program and for that I recommend it

• by brianhacks

WinAmp Player is a free media player that plays various media like audio and videos of various formats. I used this program out of frustration because my Real SP Player could not play a video in .flac format and my VLC player was out of repair. I stumbled upon this program on an accident after I read rave reviews about it so I decided to give it a try. It turned out this program was pretty good in playing my media files. First of all, it can play videos of wide range of formats. I used to have problems playing videos in .flac,

.ogm, .rvmb and .rm because they are not supported by Real Player, even if I have the codecs for them. Until I found WinAmp, I used to try these videos in my various media players like VLC Player and Windows Media Player, all to no avail. But when I found WinAmp, I was surprised to find that it can play a large variety of formats with no problem. I opened a video in .ogm and found that it can actually play it smoothly - no hassles, no error messages.

On top of that, it can support other audio files like .mp3, .mpeg, .mp4 and others - with no but’s and if’s and with so much ease. I have downloaded a lot of codec packs before in the hopes of playing these same audios to no avail at all, until I used this software. I was really lucky. All my codec-related problems were solved.

Plus, this program has a simple and easy-to-understand user interface. It has only a few menu options like File, Edit, View and Help. Using the File menu, you can open any file and browse any folder you want. It also has a history option which lets you access the media you recently played,

• WinAmp Player
      for quick access. The program comes with a help documentation but in time I was able to understand the software and how to use it, so I did not need to read its guide. It is lightweight unlike Real Player, to boot. WinAmp is only around 10 MB which does not swamp my disk space, and this is a concern to me since I have a limited disk space. It runs faster tha Real Player and VLC. Once I open any audio or video, it starts playing right away, unlike other programs which freeze when I open any video or audio. It does
      not crash, and it does not cause the other programs I run to crash, either. In other words, it is really efficient and makes sure I have a smooth experience with playing my media files.

It is constantly updated for any bug fixes and additional features, which you can download for free from the developer’s website. Best of all, it is free. Yes, you don’t have to pay a dime to play videos and audios because WinAmp can be downloaded at no cost anytime on the maker’s website. I am really amazed by the quality of this program and for that I recommend it.

WinAmp Player

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303051081340931/k2311a053/5.3.10