Himalaya Herbals, Gentle Face Wash Gel for oily skin  » Cosmetics  »
  • But unfortunately, these products have only worsened my condition by making my skin produce more oil
  • I am so glad I decided to try this, as this is the only facial cleanser that I have tried so far that has worked for me
  • I prefer using the scrub in the evening and foamy wash for the morning when my face is not so dirty and have no make-up on
  • I love this face wash and can't live without it
  • I highly recommend this product for those with oily, sensitive skin

• by true_value

I have always had great difficulty in finding products to suit my skin especially for the face, as I have the challenging combination of very sensitive yet oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I am in my thirties now, and my skin still behaves like a teen in terms of acne and sebum production.

I have tried a LOT of other products in the market specially made for oily and acne prone skin. But unfortunately, these products have only worsened my condition by making my skin produce more oil. My skin can’t handle Salicylic acid, tea-tree oil etc., and those are the ingredients found in most acne products.

I hated that that slimy, ‘face dripping with oil’ kind of feeling and my face would always look tired and dull and leathery. Not to mention that having make-up on

will make it look worse.

I even tried alternate solutions like washing my face with chick pea flour as recommended by some. But it didn’t make much difference and only proved more troublesome as it used to stick to the hairline and dry on it - certainly not a pretty sight, so this can be done only in shower if you are washing your hair as well, not to mention scrubbing the bathroom later.

Couple of years back I came across the Himalaya Herbals, Gentle Face Wash Gel with Citron and Honey, for Oily Skin. This is an Ayurvedic Herbal product that has 100% Herbal Actives and is Soap-free, dermaatologically tested, hypo-allergenic,has no harmful chemicals and claims to be clinically proven for effectiveness.

I am so glad I decided to try this, as this is the only facial cleanser that ...

• I have tried so far that has worked for me. My face is clearer and fresher without the oily feel.

This Gentle Face Wash Gel is really gentle and my skin feels soothed and refreshed. It does not strip my face off the necessary moisture nor dry my face that will stimulating overproduction of sebum.

This face wash has tiny blue beads which is visible from the transparent tube. You can apply the gel all over your wet face using circular motion with your fingers to get a mild scrubbed feeling, or you can just foam it up and lather your face for a creamy wash. I prefer using the scrub in the evening and foamy wash for the morning when my face is not so dirty and have no make-up on.

I have tried few new products

later but regretted and have always came back to this. This is my HG face wash!! my skin feels refreshed, softer and lighter after every wash.

I love this face wash and can’t live without it.

I buy this from drugstores or supermarkets that carry this line. Price wise it not not too pricey or so cheap. I buy this for about S$8.60.

But, once when I traveled to India I bought the same face wash but noticed that the one sold in India has a different formulation which warns against using around the eye area, although the one exported is for use all over the face. I am not sure what exactly is the change in formulation as the Indian one only mentions Citron and Honey and not the full ingredients list.

I highly recommend this product for those with oily, sensitive skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313051081170831/k2311a053/5.3.10