Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
  • It's not something that I consider filling when I add it as a side dish to my meal
  • As I said, the broccoli's alright in terms of flavor and texture, but it's not scrumptious, and the cheese sauce is definitely flavorful, but it's really just melted cheddar cheese, and melted cheddar cheese, like any cheese for me, gets a little nauseating when I eat too much of it and it's super rich

• by CirclingCanvas

I’m never quite satisfied when it comes to frozen broccoli. Frozen broccoli just doesn’t have the same freshness and same degree of flavor that fresh broccoli has.

That being said, this frozen side from Green Giant isn’t unpalatable, it’s actually fairly decent.

The broccoli is decent enough and there’s a mixture of large and small pieces.

The broccoli is generally fairly full, too.

The

broccoli is generally soft and gives off a pleasant aroma.

The thick cheddar cheese sauce has a strong aroma too and tastes quite good.

The cheddar cheese sauce may in fact actually be too strong as it can be difficult to taste the broccoli at times because there is so much cheese sauce and because it’s so rich.

The box is ten ounces and ...

• retails for generally about a dollar twenty-five a box.

It’s not something that I consider filling when I add it as a side dish to my meal.

The broccoli’s kind of light and the cheese sauce is merely there to make the meal richer in flavor.

It’s not really something that I have to have once a week because it’s ultimately not anything special.

As I said, the broccoli’s alright in terms of flavor and texture, but it’s not scrumptious, and the cheese sauce is definitely flavorful, but it’s really just melted cheddar cheese, and melted cheddar cheese, like any cheese for me, gets a little nauseating when I eat too much of it and it’s super rich.

For those reasons, I give this box of frozen broccoli a “7″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051081100831/k2311a053/5.3.10