Smart Wireless Internet
  • The guys from Smart were the ones who set it up, which took around an hour, and that was pretty fast, I think
  • No problem with the bandwidth at all as there were only a few computers connected or using the same connection
  • The connection speed would go as high as 54 mbps, but most of the time the speed would stay at 36 mbps, which was still pretty fast, in my opinion
  • Smart Wireless offers fast and convenient payment schemes
  • I remembered when I used to subscribe to another broadband internet company and I was really disappointed by their lack of customer service because there was no one to answer their customers' calls, but with Smart, you can be sure that there's someone who will answer your calls

• by brianhacks

Smart Wireless Internet is a wifi service from Smart. I subscribed to this service a few months back and thought it was pretty decent because the price was pretty low - lower than its rivals, in fact. For Php 1,200 a month, it was a good deal.

The wireless set up was pretty fast, as I had to file an application at the nearest Smart Customer Service Center. I only had to submit a valid ID, fill out a form and a proof of my address, which was a billing address.

After around three days, the internet was set up at our home. The guys from Smart were the ones who set it up, which took around an hour, and that was pretty fast, I think.

The guys were at least polite to ask if there were questions on how to connect and other common troubleshooting issues I might encounter, and they seemed knowledgeable enough to answer my questions well. The internet connection was all around our home, from the living room to the bedrooms on the second floor.

Since we only had three computers - two laptops and one desktop, I think the speed of the internet was not really a problem. No problem with the bandwidth at all as there were only a few computers connected or using the same connection.

The connection speed would go as high as 54 mbps, but most of the time the speed would stay at 36 mbps, which was still pretty fast, in ...

• my opinion. I can read emails, check news, chat with friends, download files of various sizes which can be as small as 1 MB or over 100 MB without problems, and download torrent files.

I had no problems as far as connecting to the internet and using it were concerned. The downloading time can vary, as the small ones can take 1 minute while files larger than 100 MB can take around thirty minutes, and I think that’s still fast enough for me.

Smart Wireless offers fast and convenient payment schemes. In fact, you can pay at any SM mall or through Smart Money, and both were convenient as I don’t have to go to far places for my payments every month.

Since there’s an SM

Mall nearby, I can just go there and make my payment. The customer service was also awesome, because there was always someone standing by to take calls from the customers.

I remembered when I used to subscribe to another broadband internet company and I was really disappointed by their lack of customer service because there was no one to answer their customers’ calls, but with Smart, you can be sure that there’s someone who will answer your calls. I remember I had to call because I wanted to ask how to configure our IP address, and in a few minutes someone was attending to my concerns.

I was really amazed. I think I got the value of my money here and I recommend this wifi service provider.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 213051080960831/k2311a053/5.3.10