Secrets of The Lost Symbol by Dan Burnstein book  » Books  »
  • Because that one helped me clear some things up I bought Secrets of the Lost Symbol , which he wrote with the help of Arne de Keijzer
  • For a few points I even liked this book more that the actual novel because I have found many interesting stories about masons and religion that weren't even mentioned in the novel or were altered
  • The chapter I enjoyed the most was the one dedicated to the cryptic elements from the book

• by Honiawa

Immediately after I have finished “The lost symbol” by Dan brown I searched for a book that will explain some of the things I have read and see what was true and wasn’t in the novel.

I already was familiar with another book written by Dan Burnstein, “Secrets of the Code”, where he talks about another book written by Dan Brown “The Davinci Code”. Because that one helped me clear some things up I bought “Secrets of the Lost Symbol”, which he wrote with the help of Arne de

Keijzer.

This was a big revelation to me because it both helped me to understand better “The lost symbol” but also the masons and their culture. It was nice to see what experts think and have to say on the matter and I liked how help has been asked where Dan Burstein’s expertise didn’t reach. For a few points I even liked this book more that the actual novel because I have found many interesting stories about masons and religion that weren’t even mentioned in the novel or were altered.

• The second chapter of the book is focused entirely on the masons. Definitions, famous masons, histories, masons that are now at power, everything you might like to know you are going to find here. The articles are written in a clear tone and are understandable for everyone.

They also offer a lot of space to the concepts of science, religion and how they come together. Lou Aronica has an exceptional piece of work here about noetics which really helped me understand it better.

The chapter I enjoyed the

most was the one dedicated to the cryptic elements from the book. The writers from this section made a great job in explaining every symbol, hidden clue or encryption from the book. I liked the most the article written by Elonka Dunin on Kryptos, the statue that has an encrypted text written on it that no one is able to solve entirely and from which Dan Brown has borrowed a few references to make his text the way he wanted it.

What more can I see? It was a great read.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173051080890831/k2311a053/5.3.10