Silk-epil epilator by Braun
  • I would not recommend it for use on the bikini line, it does leave the skin looking a bit red and is probably too harsh for that sensitive area
  • I suggest that you don’t use it immediately before showing off your legs, it will leave then a little red

• by 1974haze

Hairy legs, not the most attractive thing for a woman to have so we have to shave, use hair remover cream or wax. For those that don’t know, these days though, we can also use something called an epilator. It’s a device that works a bit like a cross between an electric shaver and wax strips. Epilators pull the hair out of the legs as you move it over the leg.

I had heard of epilators many years

ago but the scare stories put me buying one but recent hassle and expense with beauty salon visits coupled with unsuccessful attempts to wax my own legs lead me to try the Braun silk-epil. I have to say that I was impressed by it. Straightforward to use, just basically plug in and move the device over your legs. You have to press on gently and hold the skin taut in places but other than that, no hassle at all.

• It doesn’t really hurt well no more than waxing. In fact I would say that it stings slightly less that leg waxing. I would not recommend it for use on the bikini line, it does leave the skin looking a bit red and is probably too harsh for that sensitive area. Also I don’t recommend for the underarm area. However for legs, it’s ideal really. Like waxing, you need to wait until the hair is about a
        cm in length. Any shorter and it just wont work. Beware of in-growing hairs too.

It’s easy to clean, just comes with a handy little brush to sweep the hairs out afterwards.

I suggest that you don’t use it immediately before showing off your legs, it will leave then a little red. Do it the day before you intend to go out.

I really like the product and don’t intend to go back to waxing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163051080541231/k2311a053/5.3.10