Home Style Select Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips  » Food  »
  • What I don't like about the chips is that they come in a small bag

• by CirclingCanvas

Sour cream and onion are my favorite flavors to have on potato chips. The combination of sour cream and onion flavors makes for not so pleasant breath, but boy do the two flavors taste good together! These chips from the Dollar Tree have a strong sour cream and onion flavor and aroma, too. The chips themselves are crunchy and hold

up well when I go to dip them in a dipping sauce. They’d don’t break too easily and that’s what makes them good for dipping. They are greasy enough where I have to have something to wipe my hands off on before I touch anything though.

What I don’t like about the chips is that they come in a small bag.

• The bag is only six ounces and the Dollar Tree charges a dollar for them. That’s no deal compared with what other stores like ALDI sell sour cream and onion chips for. Of course, the chips from the Dollar Tree are better than Clancy’s and even a little better than Walmart’s Great Value brand of chips. Nonetheless, the value is
        still on the poor side. That’s what prevents me from purchasing these chips unless I run out and I’m not planning on heading to any other stores.

The flavor and crunchiness of the chips are both excellent, but the price of the chips and the size of the bag prevent me from giving it a rating any higher than a “8″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051080401231/k2311a053/5.3.10