Fit & Active Turkey & Broccoli Stuffed Sandwich  » Food  »
  • This frozen sandwich only impressed me moderately
  • The thing that I like the most about this sandwich is the turkey

• by CirclingCanvas

This frozen sandwich only impressed me moderately. The thing that I like the most about this sandwich is the turkey. The pieces of turkey were tender and flavorful.

There was quite a bit of chopped up turkey, too. Sitting with the slices of turkey were pieces of broccoli.

I wasn’t as impressed with the broccoli because I felt there wasn’t as much as there should have been and the broccoli tasted a little plain.

I’ve had better tasting fresh broccoli, but that’s fresh, and frozen broccoli usually doesn’t measure up quite as well.

Still, I’m glad that broccoli was included in this stuffed sandwich. I did like the cheddar cheese sauce that was spread about the stuffed sandwich.

This helped make the stuffed sandwich moist and not too dry. The cheese sauce tasted particularly good on the broccoli, and not quite as good on the turkey slices.

Everything ...

• is wrapped in seasoned bread seemed to be lightly decorated with herbs and spices. The bread came out a little on the soft side and I would have preferred it to be crispier.

This is a fairly filling stiffed sandwich, although other sandwiches from Fit & Active are more filling, as well as tastier, like the Southwest Style Chicken Panini. I probably won’t get this frozen sandwich again because it was just mildly enjoyable and

there’s a lot of other things that I could eat for lunch that I would enjoy more.

Plus, for me, a dollar seventy-eight a box is too much to spend on something that I only enjoy somewhat. This stuffed sandwich gets a “6″ rating from me.

It could have gotten a higher score had the broccoli been in greater quality and tasted better and if the bread surrounding it all had come out crisper and richer in flavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051080241231/k2311a053/5.3.10