Fit & Active Southwest Style Chicken Panini  » Food  »
  • It's got quite a bit of flavor, and while I'm not wild about the sourdough, or completely satisfied with the quantity of the toppings, I'm happy enough to continue purchasing the sandwich and rate it an 8

• by CirclingCanvas

This frozen sandwich has some flavor to it! Let me first start off by saying the grilled chicken comes pretty tender when cooked as instructed. It’s not only tender, but it’s got a good flavor to it. Plus, the grilled chicken breast is a decent size! It’s enough for a filling lunch, unless I’m positively famished.

There’s tomatoes and roasted green peppers too, and both are fresh and tasty. The tomatoes

were sweet and juicy and the roasted green peppers had a good flavor too.

I do wish though that there were more tomato slices on this sandwich and it would have been nice if the green peppers were crispier than they were. The Monterey Jack cheese was a welcomed addition and gave the sandwich a bit of a zesty flair, although I do wish there had been more of it.

Still,

• there was enough of a presence to please me. Lastly, sourdough holds this sandwich together.

I’m not a big fan of sourdough as I’m not too crazy about how it tastes, but it’s okay. It wasn’t soggy at least.

There’s also this sauce on the sandwich that I can’t identify. It doesn’t do much for the sandwich in terms of taste, although it’s a little on the spicy side.

I wouldn’t say

it’s real spicy, but it’s noticeable. I do like the little kick it gives the sandwich.

For a dollar sixty-nine, this sandwich is a tasty lunchtime treat that leaves me feeling full and satisfied. It’s got quite a bit of flavor, and while I’m not wild about the sourdough, or completely satisfied with the quantity of the toppings, I’m happy enough to continue purchasing the sandwich and rate it an “8″.

Gary Nelson says :

Aldis no longer carry at four location in 52753 area code- Where can I buy?

CirclingCanvas replies :

You will need to speak with the store manager at one of the four locations. The store manager should be able to provide you with the phone number for the company that handles the Fit Active brand. A representative will likely be able to inform you of what other stores are currently carrying this item and perhaps even provide you with information as to when ALDI will once again carry this item. I personally haven`t seen it anywhere else, so you`ll have to communicate with the company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051080231231/k2311a053/5.3.10