Plax Advanced Pre-Brushing Dental Rinse
  • I used to purchase this rinse because I wanted a mouth rinse that could help to fight plaque and make plaque easier to remove before it could start causing problems
  • The mint taste, although not extraordinarily strong, was pleasant and it left my mouth feeling cleaner and fresher than before
  • The Plax rinse however still is a good rinse that helps to remove food particles, and it says it's clinically proven to loosen and reduce plaque, and I'd still be purchasing it if Walmart didn't have an Equate product that matched it
  • The price though is high, and that's why, in conjunction with the at times slight burn and could be stronger mint flavoring, I'm giving this mouth rinse a 9

• by CirclingCanvas

I used to purchase this rinse because I wanted a mouth rinse that could help to fight plaque and make plaque easier to remove before it could start causing problems. This mouth rinse worked fine for me.

I liked that it hardly, almost never really, caused even the slightest burning sensation.

I can’t stand mouth rinses that burn.

With this mouth rinse though, I could easily swish it around in

my mouth for the required amount of time.

The mint taste, although not extraordinarily strong, was pleasant and it left my mouth feeling cleaner and fresher than before.

Like with other mouth rinses, this rinse removes food particles that might be stuck or lodged too tightly for brushing to remove.

This product was supposed to make plaque easier to remove, but honestly, I could never tell whether it was or ...

• wasn’t.

I switched over to the Equate Anti-Plaque mouth rinse because it was cheaper than the Plax rinse as the Plax rinse runs for over four dollars for a twenty-four ounce bottle.

The Equate brand by Walmart is under three dollars a bottle.

Big difference there.

To me, just by reading the labels, the Equate brand seems to have the same ingredients and do the same thing, so that’s the reason

I switched.

The Plax rinse however still is a good rinse that helps to remove food particles, and it says it’s clinically proven to loosen and reduce plaque, and I’d still be purchasing it if Walmart didn’t have an Equate product that matched it.

The price though is high, and that’s why, in conjunction with the at times slight burn and could be stronger mint flavoring, I’m giving this mouth rinse a “9″.

Sophie s Nana says :

re : I used to purchase this rinse because I wanted a mouth rinse that could help to fight plaque and make plaque easier to remove before it could start causing problems
    If I brush with Pepsodent Tartar Control toothpaste right after rinsing with Plax, I can actually see gunk the gunk come off my teeth. It’s hard to find in brick-and-mortar stores, but it’s still available on Amazon and other sites. I don’t know what I’ll use when Plax is no longer available.

CirclingCanvas replies :

It’s good to hear that you’re having success with it. I’m surprised to hear that it’s becoming less common in stores since it’s a pretty well-known brand. You could try using the Google Shopping function to see if perhaps any nearby stores in your area are still carrying it. Fortunately, if Amazon and other internet commerce sites truly prove to be your only option, then at least there’s a good chance these online commerce sites will continue to carry it for as long as it’s made, since online commerce sites are able to offer a wider range of products than traditional stores.

Marylena says :

I loved Plax Mint Sensation Flavor blue . I could not find it for a long time, so I bought the green one. When I saw the Equate at Wall mart green of course I taught I will save same money and I bought it. The next day I went and bought the Plax, because I felt the difference So I am going to stick with PLAX I will be happier if I could find the blue one ,which tastes wonderful . I give PLAX a 10

CirclingCanvas replies :

You may want to try contacting the company by going to the official Plax website and inquiry if they still make the version of the mouthwash that you can no longer seem to find. If they do, they may be able to tell you of a retailer in your area or if an online retailer that carries the product. Good luck. Hope you can find the mouthwash that you feel works best for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343051080161131/k2311a053/5.3.10