Betty Crocker Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes  » Food  »
  • The cheeses could only be found on the top of the baked potatoes and I think that the layer of cheese could have been thicker

• by CirclingCanvas

For a type of frozen potato, these baked potatoes aren’t bad at all. Two come in a box for almost three dollars and it’s a breeze to heat these baked potatoes up in the microwave. The potatoes, while not as soft or creamy as freshly baked potatoes, weren’t chalky and weren’t too lumpy either. They were fairly soft and smooth in texture. These baked potatoes aren’t like a lot of other baked potatoes sold in the frozen food section because

they’re first mashed, then baked, but what you essentially have is mashed potatoes sitting in the skin. The potatoes themselves tasted good and just like the potatoes that can be purchased in the bags in the stores and were about medium size.

I could taste the cheddar cheese on these potatoes, but that was about it. The other two cheeses I couldn’t quite taste, although I assume that they probably contributed to the overall cheesiness of the potatoes. I wish ...

• though that I could have tasted more than just cheddar. The cheeses could only be found on the top of the baked potatoes and I think that the layer of cheese could have been thicker. It would have been nice if more cheese had been used because then, the potatoes would have been cheesier and tastier. They however went too easy on the cheese and that hurt these potatoes in my eyes because when I see something that says “three
        cheese”, I expect that something to be rich with cheese flavor.

I may just try to make my own three cheese baked potatoes at home than purchase these again. The potatoes, as I said, were fairly soft and smooth, although I can make them softer and creamier, and the cheese toppings were in too small supply. For those reasons, I’m rating these potatoes a “7″. It would be a lot cheaper, and possibly tastier, if I just tried to make my own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051080081131/k2311a053/5.3.10