K Street Bagel and Cafe  » Food  »
2000 K Street, NW Washington, DC
  • Finally, I found a decent bagel in Washington, DC
  • I love salt bagels and was so excited they K Street had them
  • I realize that during busy periods, time is essential for eateries serving many customers and they may rush the process, however, I am often so disappointed when my bagel is barely even warm after being toasted - a bagel should be a little crispy when it is toasted, otherwise it can be like eating a soft roll, particularly when it's not a great bagel
  • So after placing my order, I paid and went to see what I had received
  • It was a medium to large sized salt bagel with an excellent amount of salt, toasted very well with delicious cream cheese - and not too much cream cheese either

• by Laryana

Finally, I found a decent bagel in Washington, DC. Having grown up in NY and also being a big fan of a good bagel, living in Washington, DC for the most part means I have been deprived of one of my favorite treats.

So imagine my delight when I happened to wander into K Street Bagel and Cafe on a whim since it was near where my new job was located.

I immediately sensed something was a little different. Firstly the place smells wonderful - the aroma of freshly baked bagels just hangs in the air! Secondly - they have a better variety of bagels than other places in the city. Most downtown eatiers that

offer bagels are chains such as Au Bon Pain and Cosi and their bagel choices are somewhat limited. You can find your plain, sesame seen and poppy nearly everywhere - but other varieties can be more difficult to come by.

I love salt bagels and was so excited they K Street had them. They also have so many different choices for cream cheese spreads - it is a literal buffet of options.

So once my eyes took in the options, I ordered a salt bagel toasted with plain cream cheese.

This is another area where bagels can fall short - not toasting them appropriately.

I realize that during busy periods, time is essential for ...

• eateries serving many customers and they may rush the process, however, I am often so disappointed when my bagel is barely even warm after being “toasted” - a bagel should be a little crispy when it is toasted, otherwise it can be like eating a soft roll, particularly when it’s not a great bagel.

So after placing my order, I paid and went to see what I had received.

It was perfect! It was a medium to large sized salt bagel with an excellent amount of salt, toasted very well with delicious cream cheese - and not too much cream cheese either!

I have been back nearly every day, the owner always say hello and workers start making

my order as soon as I walk in and they are always friendly and professional.

I have even converted my fiance from his old breakfast place, and he is not a huge bagel eater and admits they are excellent.

As an added bonus, they sell fresh cut fruit salad which often in other places can be hit or miss and overpriced to boot, but they offer a sizeable fruit salad that tastes very good and is pretty good value for the price.

I am really happy to have finally found a good bagel and a great breakfast spot. I also really like the fact that I can support an independent business instead of a chain and get great tasting food!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051080051131/k2311a053/5.3.10