Marketside Hawaiian-Style Traditional Crust Pizza
  • I thought that I might like a pizza like this because I do like pineapple and Canadian bacon is okay too, and I love pizza, but I guess when it all gets mixed together, my stomach doesn't like it
  • This pizza definitely has a heavy amount of toppings

• by CirclingCanvas

This is one exotic pizza that I tried once and have had my fill of for a lifetime! It can be found at Walmart in the deli section for just around six dollars for a twelve inch pizza. It may very well be that this pizza is well made and rich in its flavors, but it didn’t sit well in my stomach. I thought that I might like a pizza like this because I do like pineapple and Canadian bacon is okay too, and I love pizza, but I guess when it all gets mixed together, my stomach doesn’t like it. I can’t say

that there’s anything bad about this pizza even though I ultimately didn’t care for the combination of flavors, but I can say that neither the sauce nor the crust really stood out. The pizza sauce was pretty plain and it didn’t taste like it had been treated with any herbs or spices that would’ve given it a boost in flavor. The crust was a little on the tough side, but it wasn’t super tough. It just required me to bite a little harder into the pizza than I’m used to. It’s not a thick crust, or a thin crust, but kind of in the ...

• middle.

As for the toppings, there’s mozzarella cheese, which was pretty plentiful. Then there’s the pineapple. The pineapple was certainly sweet and the slices were big, and it was juicy and fresh too, so Walmart clearly uses quality pineapples for this kind of pizza. The Canadian bacon was strong in flavor and tender, not at all chewy. There was plenty of it, too, spread out across the surface of the pizza with the pineapple slices. This pizza definitely has a heavy amount of toppings. I just didn’t really care for how pineapple, cheese and Canadian bacon all tasted in the same bite.

The size of the

pizza is twelve inches and that usually ends up being equal to about eight slices. It’s a lot of pizza and it’s a heavy pizza with the toppings that it’s got. Just because I didn’t care for the flavor of it doesn’t mean that this is a bad pizza. It’s very flavorful and the toppings are really plentiful. The sauce and crust are what could be better, and that’s the reason I’m giving this pizza an “8″ rating. Just because I didn’t like the pizza doesn’t mean the score should be impacted too heavily because as I said, it’s a quality and well made pizza.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051079771131/k2311a053/5.3.10