Marketside Supreme Traditional Crust Pizza
  • I prefer hot and spicy sausage because I happen to think that sausage that is hot and spicy has more flavor, but that's not to say that mild sausage doesn't taste good either, because it does
  • I know that there are other toppings that there must be room for, but I feel they were too skimpy on the sausage
  • The peppers, too, tasted crisp, fresh and delicious and were a welcomed addition to the pizza

• by CirclingCanvas

This pizza is made by Walmart and can only be found at Walmart stores. It’s in the deli section and sells for just under six dollars for a twelve inch pizza. That’s a good size pizza and it always proves to be enough for my family of three, especially when garlic bread and salad are both added to the meal. This is a quality pizza right here, although I do think there are few things that Walmart could improve upon that would make this pizza even tastier and more enjoyable. For example, two of the toppings that appear on this pizza are Italian sausage and pepperoni.

Now the Italian sausage

used must be of the mild variety because it wasn’t hot or spicy. I prefer hot and spicy sausage because I happen to think that sausage that is hot and spicy has more flavor, but that’s not to say that mild sausage doesn’t taste good either, because it does. The Italian sausage used on this pizza had flavor, there just wasn’t enough of it. It was more like a half of a topping and I was lucky if on any given slice there happened to be more than one piece of sausage. I know that there are other toppings that there must be room for, but I feel they were ...

• too skimpy on the sausage. The same goes for the pepperoni. The pepperoni tasted good, but I tasted it much too infrequently for my tastes. I would have liked to see twice the number of slices of pepperoni on this pizza.

The other toppings included, of course, mozzarella cheese, and garden variety vegetables. The vegetables seemed to include olives, onions, peppers and mushrooms. The onions were about the most plentiful of all the vegetables and gave the pizza a good flavor. The peppers, too, tasted crisp, fresh and delicious and were a welcomed addition to the pizza. The mushrooms were okay, although I’m not so wild about the taste of

mushrooms. For the most part then, the garden vegetables introduced a scrumptious layer of flavor to this pizza.

As I said, this pizza could stand some improvement, but even in its current form, it’s really a delightful dinner item that I look forward to having once or twice a month. The crust can be a little on the tough side, but not by much, and it’s about in the middle of thick and thin. The tomato sauce is alright, but there’s nothing noteworthy to say about it because it doesn’t taste like it’s been enriched with spices or herbs or anything. Still, I feel this pizza is very deserving of a “9″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273051079761131/k2311a053/5.3.10