Nemesis by Agatha Christie
  • The last one I read was Nemesis and was one of the best I have read from the Miss Marple series
  • It was very interesting to follow the plot wrap up ad find out which crime Miss Marple was supposed to solve and who was the real culprit
  • Also, I think this should be a lesson to all of us for more than one reason

• by Honiawa

Agatha Christie is one of my favorite writers ever since I was a child. I liked to imagine I was myself one of the characters of her books and I was helping Poirot or Miss Marple solve the mysteries and crimes lied ahead.

Though I have read most of her books as a child, I still have a couple of them left but I always enjoy re-reading them. The last one I read was “Nemesis” and was one of the best I have read from the Miss Marple series.

It starts with almost none information

and it’s very hard to realize on your own which is the plot, the crime or the culprit. But this only means there is a huge place left for making assumptions. And this is actual my favorite part on any of her books: I draw in my mind a few scenarios and read till the end to see if I was even close to the truth. Most of the times I wasn’t but that didn’t make the books less enjoyable.

Back to “Nemesis”. Here Miss Marple is very old (much older than in the other ...

• novels) and she is has to go on a journey to solve a mystery she knows nothing about. She isn’t even sure what the mystery or the crime is. But, being a brave and curios old lady she enrolls in this trip and tries to figure out step by step what she has to do.

During the trip she catches little clues or hits which eventually will lead to solving the mystery but not before Miss Marple is placed in dangerous situations quite a few times.

I had no chance in solving the mystery by

myself. I fail when I receive more clues and hints than in this book. It was very interesting to follow the plot wrap up ad find out which crime Miss Marple was supposed to solve and who was the real culprit.

Also, I think this should be a lesson to all of us for more than one reason: it’s useless to hide the truth or lie at some point it will come out and old ladies or people shouldn’t be underestimated, because while they might have a weak body their mind is still sharp and sneaky.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173051079721131/k2311a053/5.3.10