The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - book  » Books  »
  • When I read The Davinci code I was really disappointed, because I'm first of all a Christian and second of all a student at a Letters Faculty where I have studied intensely those topics and I knew he was basing his book on pure speculation and fictional facts
  • Of course there is also a lady, but interesting enough this time she wasn't as young as the other two, but quite a match for Langdon, especially on the intellectual plan
  • It's an amazing science and it could change the way people see the world
  • I think this is why I liked the book so much

• by Honiawa

I read Dan’s Brown latest book “The lost symbol” more out of curiosity then genuine interest on the topic or the gender of the book. Actually read is not correctly said, because I preferred to listen the book in audio format.

I had to take many long trips during February, so Dan Brown kept me company.

Unexpectedly the book actually caught my attention more than “The DaVinci code”, maybe because it was focused on a topic I had little information on: the masons. When I read “The Davinci code” I was really disappointed, because I’m first

of all a Christian and second of all a student at a Letters Faculty where I have studied intensely those topics and I knew he was basing his book on pure speculation and fictional facts. But because about the masons I knew very little the book kept me interested and curios to see how the plot is going to wrap up. There were nights when I was very tired, but still listed for a few minutes more just to see what happens next.

The protagonist of the thriller novel is the same old professor Robert Langdon that is caught once again in solving an important mystery (first were the Illuminati and then the Christians, now the masons culture). Of course there is also a lady, but interesting enough this time she wasn’t as young as the other two, but quite a match for Langdon, especially on the intellectual plan.

I have learned a few things from the book, but I made sure to double check them because after all this is a novel and not all the facts were right.

I was very interested especially in that new branch of science Katherine is ...

• The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - book
      studying: noetics. I have never heard of this before and I did a lot of research on it after I finished the book. It’s an amazing science and it could change the way people see the world.

The action is compressed in only a night pass, starting with Robert arriving in Washington DC and ending of course with a happily ever after. Due to such a short time frame the novel kept me in an alert pace and my curiosity was passing any normal levels.

The book is easy to read/listen and I didn’t even see

the plot coming. I think this is why I liked the book so much. The reveal made at the end of the novel concerning the ties between Peter Solomon and Mal’akh took me by absolute surprise and it made the book much more interesting. I was even tempted to listen to it again or even read it to see if I can catch any hints I might have missed the first time.

As a thriller novel it’s totally worth reading, but if you are reading it just to learn more about the mason then maybe you should try instead an encyclopedia

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173051079641131/k2311a053/5.3.10