1001 Most Useful Spanish Words  » Books  »
  • I've been using it for well over a month, and I'm really impressed by just how smartly designed this book is
  • While I can tell this book is not designed to transform a person into a fluent speaker and reader of the Spanish language, I can see that it helps lay the foundation for understanding the language and being able to speak the basics, like foods, colors and when traveling, such as how to get somewhere as well as how much something will cost
  • This book is definitely for beginners, and that is the level where my friend is still at, so we're going to keep using this book until he is comfortable enough to go to the next level
  • It's great that the book is so compact that it can be taken anywhere and it also seems to be put together pretty well where wear and tear won't be a problem right off the bat
  • For all of those reasons, I believe this book is deserving of a 10 rating

• by CirclingCanvas

This is one of the books that a friend of mine loaned me so that I could help him study the Spanish language so that he could verbally speak and even write in Spanish. The author of the book is Seymour Resnick and the publisher is Dover Publications. I’ve been using it for well over a month, and I’m really impressed by just how smartly designed this book is. What I really like about it is it gives a word in Spanish, followed by the definition of the word in English, the correlating word in English and even a sentence in Spanish to demonstrate just how the word is used in proper context.

That is a very useful way to help a person learn basic Spanish vocabulary and it makes it easy for me to help quiz my friend as well as help him with the learning activities. This book provides me with a couple of ways to give him hints that can help him think and work it through in his mind and figure out the word and its meaning on his own.

It’s really something how much information can be squeezed onto just fifty-five pages without making the text super small. The text size is big enough where I did not have to squint, yet the book is small enough where I can carry it ...

• in my pocket and help him with words when we’re out in public. While I can tell this book is not designed to transform a person into a fluent speaker and reader of the Spanish language, I can see that it helps lay the foundation for understanding the language and being able to speak the basics, like foods, colors and when traveling, such as how to get somewhere as well as how much something will cost. This book is definitely for beginners, and that is the level where my friend is still at, so we’re going to keep using this book until he is comfortable enough to go to the next level.

From my

perspective, and that is someone that doesn’t speak or read Spanish outside of a few words, I can see how this would be a great book for those that want to begin learning Spanish. It’s a wonderful introduction to the basics of the language through several means of showing what a word means and how it would be used in everyday language. It’s great that the book is so compact that it can be taken anywhere and it also seems to be put together pretty well where wear and tear won’t be a problem right off the bat. For all of those reasons, I believe this book is deserving of a “10″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173051079311031/k2311a053/5.3.10