5 Hour Energy - Berry Flavor  » Health  »
  • I had seen this product advertised on TV and in magazines, and I decided to try it for myself
  • Again I noticed that I had enough of a boost to get me through the afternoon
  • I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a quick energy boost without the negative side effects that other energy products can have

• by mariekay

I had seen this product advertised on TV and in magazines, and I decided to try it for myself. Usually I can’t tolerate energy products very well because they usually make me shaky, anxious, or jittery. Sometimes they even make me feel sick. Usually in the afternoon I need a bit of an energy boost, and I have tried products with lots of sugar and/or caffeine, and those usually give me a quick jolt of energy, but then I crash an hour later. This product claimed to have no crashing effect, and the energy drink was in a tiny bottle rather that a large can like some others, so that appealed to me too. It was more like taking a “shot” instead of having to down a whole

drink.

I first purchased just one little bottle to see if I liked it rather than purchasing the entire 12 pack. I was glad that I could purchase the item individually so I could try it out. The bottle is really small, but the directions say to just take half of it at a time rather than drinking the whole thing at once. The first time I tried it, I wasn’t too fond of the taste. It is very, very sweet. I almost felt like I should dilute it in some water to get the right taste, but since it was only one swallow, it was tolerable.

A few minutes after taking it, I did notice that I perked up slightly. The results were similar to drinking a cup ...

• of coffee or a can of soda pop with caffeine. What I really liked was that I didn’t seem to get jittery with this product like I usually do. The directions said that it was best to take this on an empty stomach, and I was worried that doing that would lead to the jitters, but it didn’t.

Even though this product says there is no “crash”, I felt like I did crash a bit a couple hours after taking it, so I finished the bottle at that time. Again I noticed that I had enough of a boost to get me through the afternoon. This product didn’t seem to interfere with my night time sleep like other products can, so that was a big plus for me.

Even though I had take 2 doses of the energy drink, I slept fine that night.

Now I use this product occasionally when I need a boost. I don’t use it every day, but if I am overly tired or need more energy, I will stop at the drugstore and pick up a bottle. I have found that the taste is better if I mix it with a half a glass of ice water, otherwise it’s too strong for me. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a quick energy boost without the negative side effects that other energy products can have. This product doesn’t last 5 hours like it claims, but it will give you a quick boost for a short time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343051079061031/k2311a053/5.3.10