e.l.f. professional Regular & Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • The tube cost only about $2, which is far cheaper than any mascara I had seen before
  • I thought this was a great idea for bringing it camping, if I was going to be in the water I could use the waterproof side
  • The first time I went to use it I noticed that the brushes were straight and not curved
  • This mascara definitely doesn't lengthen or thicken my lashes, which is the whole reason I use mascara
  • I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for thicker or longer looking lashes

• by mariekay

I purchased this mascara for several reasons. First of all, it was cheap. The tube cost only about $2, which is far cheaper than any mascara I had seen before. Secondly, the mascara had two sides to it. One side was a regular mascara, and the other was waterproof. I loved the idea of having waterproof and regular in one tube. I thought this was a great idea for bringing it camping, if I was going to be in the water I could use the waterproof side. If I wasn’t I would use the regular mascara. Two mascaras in one tube, I liked it. Thirdly, I like the e.l.f. brand of cosmetics overall. They are always a fraction of the price of other drugstore cosmetics, and usually they off the same

results. When I saw this product, I figured for under $2, I didn’t have much to lose even if I hated it. Plus, if it was just for camping, I didn’t need anything that was super anyway.

So, I purchased it and brought it home. The first time I went to use it I noticed that the brushes were straight and not curved. I personally prefer a curved brush, but even though this one was straight, it was at least fairly large. I tried the regular mascara first. I applied it to my lashes and saw…nothing. It was so light, it didn’t even look like I had any mascara on. I tried applying one more coat, then another without much difference. This mascara definitely doesn’t lengthen or thicken my lashes, which is the ...

• whole reason I use mascara. I put it away and applied my regular mascara instead.

The next day I decided to try the waterproof side. I pulled the brush from the tube to find that the mascara was all dried out. I couldn’t even apply it to my lashes, it was hard and dry. So I decided to dip the waterproof brush into the other side first, hoping to mix some of that mascara with the waterproof stuff so I could at least get some on my lashes. This helped slightly, and I was able to get something on my lashes. But again I had to apply several coats to get any coverage. That night when I went to wash my face, I found the mascara difficult to fully remove.

I wasn’t too impressed

with this product, but I still use it when we are camping. It’s convenient to have regular and waterproof mascara in one tube, and when camping, I just want a natural look anyway. For everyday use though, this stuff is just not enough. If you plan to use the waterproof side at all, you need to mix some of the regular mascara with the waterproof to get it to go onto your lashes.

I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for thicker or longer looking lashes. The regular side is okay for someone who wants a very, very natural look. The mascara is cheap, and you get what you pay for. But you can’t beat the price for 2 mascara in one. Overall, though, it’s just not good mascara.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313051079051031/k2311a053/5.3.10