StriVectin Wrinkle and Stretch Mark Cream  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I decided to just use it on the areas that I had stretch marks
  • But, after 3 weeks I noticed that my stretch marks were still there
  • I was so disappointed because I wanted this product to work for me
  • I would not recommend this product for stretch marks

• by mariekay

I had been wanting to try this cream for years. I had seen it in several different magazines, on TV, and in other ads. This cream is over $100, so I figured it must work. I have stretch marks on my hips and lower back that I have never been able to get rid of. Luckily they are not red, they are whitish in color, but they are also old and are stubborn to remove since they have been there for so long. I have tried a lot of different lotions, creams, and oils on that area, and nothing has totally faded the marks. I knew StriVectin was what I needed, but I could never justify spending so much on a cream.

So, after my husband finally

got sick of listening to me complain about my stretch marks, he gave me the okay to go ahead and purchase the cream. I was so excited and could not wait to be stretch-mark free for good!

I ordered the cream, which was actually $125 plus shipping. When the package arrived I was so excited to begin using it. The directions said to apply it to clean dry skin and massage in 3 times a day for 4-6 weeks. This product can also be used on the face as a wrinkle reducer. I decided to just use it on the areas that I had stretch marks. The lotion has a strong menthol smell to it. I smelled like medicine. The lotion also burned a little after I ...

• applied it, especially the area of my outer thighs where I had recently shaved. But after the burning subsided, the skin in the affected areas did feel soft. The lotion was a bit greasy, but eventually it absorbed in. The strange thing was that the lotion is brown in color. I had not seen that before except for maybe in a self-tanning lotion. The brown color was bizarre to me.

I used this lotion on my hips and lower back and thighs for 3 weeks religiously. I applied it exactly as directed, 3 times a day every day. I eventually got used to the smell and the greasy feeling the lotion left on my skin. But, after 3 weeks I noticed that my stretch marks were still there.

They were not even diminished at all. I was so disappointed because I wanted this product to work for me. I gave it a few more days, but still nothing.

Luckily, the company offered a 28 day money-back guarantee so I was able to get a refund for my purchase price less shipping. I would not recommend this product for stretch marks. I did not try it for wrinkles, and maybe it would deliver better results when used in that manner. But for my stretch marks, it did nothing. This product is nothing more than a lot of hype and does not deliver on its claims. I will give it a couple points for refunding my money after purchase, other than that, not a good product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313051079041031/k2311a053/5.3.10