Similasan Earache Relief Ear Drops  » Medicine  »
  • Normally I would just take Ibuprofen or Tylenol, but that doesn't always get rid of the pain completely, so I decided to get a product that was specifically designed for ear aches
  • I found these ear drops at Rite Aid and decided to give them a try
  • I would recommend them to anyone who has a ear ache because of an infection or a cold, and to anyone who has itchy ears from allergies

• by mariekay

My son gets ear infections quite often, and when he complains of an ear ache I always take him into the doctor to get checked out and get on an antibiotic. Recently I had a cold and also got an earache with it. I went to the doctor and he said I had an ear infection, and also put me on antibiotics. The antibiotics take a few days to begin working, so in the mean time I needed something to relieve the pain. I also wanted something to keep in the house for when my son gets ear infections so he would have something to help with the ear ache, too.

Normally I would just take Ibuprofen or Tylenol, but that doesn’t always get rid of the

pain completely, so I decided to get a product that was specifically designed for ear aches. I found these ear drops at Rite Aid and decided to give them a try.

The ear drops were about $12. I purchased them and tried the product immediately when I got home. The directios say to rub the bottle between your palms before you use the drops in order to warm the product. I ran the bottle under warm water instead. I put 3 drops in each ear and got relief from my ear ache almost immediately. These drops were so soothing and they really took care of the ear pain. I used them every day until the antibiotics cured my infection.

I kept the drops in the house ...

• and used them on my son the next time he had ear pain, which turned out ot be an infection. He said they helped with the pain better than the Ibuprofen. I was glad to have found this product and now my whole family uses it when we get sinus infections or ear infections, or even just an ear ache from being outside in the wind.

I found another use for the drops, too. When I get seasonal allergies, one of the symptoms I get is itching in the ears and throat. The last time that happened, I tried the drops, not expecting them to work for itching, but they did! What a relief that was because that itchy ear and throat symptom is very annoying and

hard to treat. A couple drops of this medication and my ears are soothed and no longer itch, and it even seems to help my throat stop itching.

So, I was pleasantly surprised with this purchase, and I will continue to purchase these drops when this bottle runs out. I would recommend them to anyone who has a ear ache because of an infection or a cold, and to anyone who has itchy ears from allergies. They ear drops are worth the $12, and a small bottle lasts a long time so it ends up being a good value overall. Each dose is 3 -5 drops per ear, but we usually use 2-3 drops and get great results. It’s a pain reliever that really works.

Similasan Earache Relief Ear Drops

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263051078960931/k2311a053/5.3.10